🌿 VII 🌿

"A tree is life given to us to protect"

7|MAGIC DOES WHAT IT WANTS

"Touch her, and you shall suffer" A voice speaks. A voice that makes the shadow creature freeze and turn around to be facing a man that stands there with a smirk. "My sister is not far behind, is she?" He asks the creature. His voice is low enough to not wake the girl and yet loud enough for the creature to be able the hear his voice speak to it. The creature does not answer as it turns around once more and reaches out to touch the sleeping girl as she rests there soundly and quite beautifully as well.

Her beauty has been her curse and the men she has known always lust after her when all she wishes is to be left alone. Even this dark creature can see beauty within the girl. Not just on the outside where her looks are as charming and lovely as ever, but also what is within the heart and the kindness that lives inside of it. The creature does not even look afraid of the man nor his threat and when it touches her skin, this dark mark begins to form. Moving across her skin like a snake as it forms the shape of a skull.

For a single second, on her cheek, the mark stands. A human skull created out of the darkest black to ever exist before it fades into nothing and it would appear that it never had been there at all. The man that had been in the room is quick to throw the creature to the side where it crashes into the wall and then disappears in thin air. Leaving the man only there with the girl who still soundly sleeps. The mark not even there, yet to those that can see it like this man, know that the mark is far more dangerous than it looks or lacks thereof.

Terra kneels down beside her bed and strokes her cheek so gently where the mark is. He can see it as clear as day and while it has taken solid form, it appears to still be alive. His jaw clenches when he cannot remove it nor do anything about this mark upon her cheek. The mark which has decided her own destiny or rather taken her own destiny. King Terra wraps his arms around her and is gentle when he picks her up into his arms and walks with her out of the room.

When he does walk through the house and was about to walk through the front door, her parents eye him with fear. Seeing how he holds their daughter. "She will be safe" Is all that he speaks to them before he walks out of the room. The door opens before him on its own and then closes as if by magic and one might say that magic actually did happen in the air. Her parents watch through the window as the man takes their only daughter away from them towards the grassy field.

He walks with her into the field, never caring for anyone who would be seeing it happen. His hands hold her tightly as if he never wants to let her go, and yet he is gentle and kind while he holds her, as if he does not wish to break her. Like if this girl in his arms were nothing more than glass that could shatter if held were tightly. The girl in his arms snuggles closer to his chest, not perhaps to find warmth from him during this dawn, but rather because she finds some sense of comfort in his arms.