Chapter 4: Rambamboo

Rambamboo slowly walked into her house. She was exhausted. Despite being the Chief of the Tadpolice, her pay was still pretty crappy and she was lucky to have a home like hers. That day, SwaySway and Buhdeuce had done their typical delivery and had almost destroyed the park's statue. "God, those two drive me CRAZY! I need a drink..." Rambamboo said to herself as she took off her blue police hat and removed the little jetpack from her back. She changed her clothes into her comfy light blue pajamas. She turned around and walked to the kitchen, where she poured a cup of hot chocolate. "Mmmm, this will definitely get me to sleep." Rambamboo walked up the stairs and went into her bedroom, holding the hot chocolate in her hands.

She sat next to her bedroom door, placing the hot chocolate on the ground next to her. She began remembering times when SwaySway and Buhdeuce had messed up and caused trouble. Even though she seemingly despises those two ducks, she knew that without those two, her days would probably be pretty boring. "I mean, fighting pond monsters sounds fun, but it's all the same. They all try to steal banks or try to eat people. Pretty sure there was the one time one of them tried to eat the mayor, but that guy didn't get too far. Those two ducks at least have a variety..." Rambamboo then remembered something. A memory she seemingly repressed for a while.

The memory was foggy, but she remembered the day she ate a loaf of Forget Who I Am Bread and was changed by SwaySway and Buhdeuce into a free-spirited party animal. Although she didn't arrest them because they helped her get in touch with her inner party self, she still had a slight vendetta against the two for what they did. As she drank her hot chocolate, she wished she could somehow meet with her other self and talk to her. Figure out how that version of her was doing and even see if they could be friends. She jumped on her bed, slid on her bed sheets, and slowly drifted to sleep.

...

Rambamboo woke up, with her head laying on the Rocket Van's hood. She quickly jolted upwards, shaking the Rocket Van, knocking off her police hat, and causing something to run off in a panic. She looked down to see her surroundings and spotted Jelly, who had hidden underneath a table nearby. "Oh, sorry to spook ya, little froggy." Rambamboo jokily said to Jelly as she slowly attempted to pick her up, only to almost drop her back onto the ground. "Huh, seems like the lil' fella gaining a few pounds. Probably should tell those Breadwinners." All of a sudden, she actually realized that she had no idea why she was all alone with Jelly. "Leapin' lilypads, what am I doing here anyways?" She said, still a bit confused about what was going on. Jelly tucked at her legs and pointed to a piece of paper next to the Rocket Van. She grabbed the paper and began reading.

Dear Rambamboo,

Sway and I are out shopping for supplies.

Think they are for any future deliveries.

Sway wanted you to take care of Jelly while we are out

Make sure to clean the place and feed Jelly

Love, Buhdeuce

"Wait, why me?" Rambamboo said to herself after finishing the letter. She didn't think having her be used as some sort of pet sitter was a good idea. But she didn't really care. For one, she would most likely be getting paid by the Breadwinners. Secondly, she WAS a trained police officer. SwaySway and Buhdeuce probably thought that she could easily protect Jelly from any major threats that could appear, which, although unrealistic, still made sense to Rambamboo. And finally, the garage that they were currently standing in definitely needed a fixer-upper. "So, they want me to clean, huh?" Rambamboo said to Jelly, who had been calmingly sitting next to her. "Well, I might as well have fun while I do it!" Before Jelly could even realize it, Rambamboo picked her up and happily placed her on her head. A small smile appeared on Jelly's face, which made Rambamboo release a small giggle. Jelly hopped off her head and ran over to reveal a brown cardboard box with the words "TOOLS" sloppily written on it with a black marker. Rambamboo wandered over and began searching through the box.