Daughter in-law

With him losing the farm and wife being in a coma, he was losing sanity. Aunt Vi wasn't making things easy for him. He was ready to give up. Though Charlie has everything under control, he didn't care. He needed to provide for his family. He walked the hallway of the hospital thinking about everything that was going on in his life. He wanted to have hope for Darla but it was hard. If he was to lose her, how can he raise two kids alone? Yes he will have help from family but he is quite stubborn. He wouldn't want the help especially when he had enough of it when it was just Blue. He knew something had to be done. He pulled out his phone to make a phone call. "Aye man, it's Ralph Angel. I need a favor..."

Ralph Angel's POV

Odds is not in my favor

Odds is not in my favor. Darla wasn't getting any better. It's been over a week now. I hate to see her like this. I don't have no hope. I know I need to be positive but it's hard. I keep thinking what if she doesn't wake up? How would I raise Blue and our daughter alone? I ain't got time to ask Aunt Vi or anybody for help so that they can throw the shit in my face afterwards like they did with Blue. I need to raise these kids my way. Call me stubborn. I don't give a shit. I need to have a backup plan just in case if Darla doesn't make it. It might not be the smartest but fuck it. I gotta do something. I lost the farm until Charlie fights to get the city. Until then, I don't got time to sit back and wait for something to happen. I gotta make shit happen. Even if that means going back to my old ways....

"I have to go somewhere. I hate to leave you but I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. Just gotta make some bread somehow. I can't keep relying on everybody. It makes me feel less of a man. Losing the farm. Haven't harvest in a long time. We're struggling bad baby. I hope you won't be mad but I just gotta do this. Just know that I love you and will be back soon" he leaned down and kissed Darla on the forehead.

Darla's POV

What does he mean? Where is he going? What is he about to do now? This is so aggravating

What does he mean? Where is he going? What is he about to do now? This is so aggravating. Am I like.. in a coma? Is that why I can't move? Why I can't open my eyes and respond? I can't afford this. Ralph Angel isn't thinking straight. I hope he's not about to rob again... God please watch over him until I wake up.

Grace, Dillion, Jasmine, and D'Angelo were on vacation for the holiday. They finally got back and Spelivia was ready to spill the news to them about the enhancement. Spencer held Olivia's hand as they made their way up the steps. "I'm nervous" Olivia told him. "Me too but she'll be happy for us" he gave her a smile. He opened the door. Grace and D'Angelo were seated on the couch. "Hey you two" Grace looked at them smiling. "Sup ma" Spencer gave her a smile in return. "What's this" she motioned her hand in a circular motion towards them. "It's a glow I never seen" she said. Spelivia looked at each other happy to be able to finally share the news with his family. "Is Dillion around?" He wanted his brother to know the news as well. "He's in the room with Jasmine" D'Angelo said. "I'll get him" Spencer kissed Olivia's hand before letting it go to grab Dillion and Jasmine from his room. "What's going on?" Olivia shrugged her shoulders as she flustered. Seconds later Spencer, Dillion, and Jasmine came out of Dillions room. "You should've been there. The place was beautiful" he said. "I bet it was" Spencer responded. Dillion and Jasmine stood close by. Spencer stood next to Olivia, holding her hand. "Me and Liv got some news" he said. "What news?" He looked over at her who gave him a half smile. She knew he was nervous so she did the honor in telling them. "Spencer proposed to me at Thanksgiving dinner" their faces were stunned. "I said yes of course" she held her hand up, revealing the engagement ring. "Dope!! Congrats bro" Dillion stepped to his brother, giving him a hug. "Thanks Dillion" he hugged him back. "And congrats future sis" he joined Liv in the hug. "Congratulations you two" Jasmine said with a smile. They finally pulled away with Spelivia thanking her. They then looked at Grace who was quiet. Spencer cleared his throat. "Ma?" D'Angelo knew she felt a certain way because she wasn't there when he proposed. "Uh, congratulations" D'Angelo stood up and hugged both Spencer and Olivia. "You're good for each other and will make an amazing husband and wife" he told them. "Thanks man" Spencer told him still wanting a reaction from his mom. After the hug they all looked at her. "I don't know what to say. I used to think, they say my eldest son is ready to settle down I would know about it. But I'm the last to know" Grace was a little disappointed. "I'm assuming Billy and Laura was there" Spelivia nodded. "Wow..." she trailed off. "I know you're probably upset that I didn't tell you but I just wanted this to be a surprise—" she cut him off. "Oh I'm surprised" she said sarcastically. "I'm happy. Me and Liv are both happy. That should be the only thing that matters right now. Of course I would've wanted you there but you was out of town for the holiday. I didn't want you to drop plans for me" he told her. "Besides, the wedding is what matters. It's going to be a beautiful ceremony" Olivia sat next to Grace, taking her hand. "Me and Spencer loves you. And hope you're not upset. If he would've told you he was going to propose to me, you would've cancelled plans and that's not what he wanted. He wanted you to have fun in Alaska. It was just a proposal. It's not the actual wedding" Grace sighed. She looked up at her son who had his hands in his pockets. She then looked at Olivia giving her a hug. "I'm happy for you" Olivia hugged her back. "Thank you May. Grace" she said. "No, call me ma" Olivia grinned hard as she pulled away from the hug. "We're not married yet" Olivia told her. "But you will be. Daughter in law" Spencer was smiling as he saw the bond of his soon to be wife and mom. Grace stood up and hugged him. "I'm so happy for you son. Congratulations" she told him.

TO BE CONTINUED