2

After yesterday I really didn't want to come back, I couldn't get the picture of all those eyes burning into my skin out of my head. But here I am, clocking in. I was probably overreacting; I had never seen them before yesterday and will probably never see them again.

"We got a birthday." Rocki sighs.

We hated birthdays. Usually just a whole bunch a drunk men, sometimes even women doing unnecessary groping, yelling and back-to-back orders. Mike tried his best to help us out on nights like these but there's only one of him and many of them, and even though the club has a no touching policy nobody tends to listen.

I grabbed the paper, the one that was required for you to fill out if you were having a birthday at the club. Just information on what your favorite drinks and snacks were, etc. I looked at the duration of the party, six till midnight. And it was a private party, meaning whoever is here now and isn't on the list would have to leave. Whoever this Sam Diaz guy is must be important.

I make my way behind the bar, starting on getting things ready considering it was a quarter until six. Mike was already starting to round up the people and sending them out the club, their drunk asses sending dumb remarks the whole time they walked out. I rolled my eyes, such trash people ruining such a great club.

By the time Mike got all the people out, we we're halfway done setting up the party. Guest already making their way in, placing gifts they had got the man on an undesignated table. Me, Callie and Rocki all stood behind the bar, our job is mostly over it. All we have left to do is bring out the sparklers and such and do refills all night.

I was honestly already pretty drained, from being up all-night doing assignments and waiting for Trey to come home-which he didn't come until three in the morning. The last thing I wanted to do right now was deal with was people who had too much to drink, but at least I had Callie and Rocki. They make the shift easier for me every day.

All our attention turned to the crowd, that was yelling and cheering as I'm guessing the Sam guy came in. My eyes didn't seem to care about him though, because they were fixating on Gino who was trailing behind him, cheering as well. It didn't seem to stop after him though, his twin, the guy that was yelling, and more people I haven't seen before were all walking in.

"Guys, that's him. The one in the black!" I nudged Cali, "They all have on black!" Rocki says.

Oh.

"The third one, the one with the tattoos on his neck." I quickly pointed, "And the second one is the one who helped me yesterday."

"Helped you?" Rocki looked over at me, "The glass I dropped cut my leg, he cleaned it up for me." I said, looking as he sat down.

"What a gentleman."

They were both quiet after that, "What?" I snapped my head and looked at them, who was both staring at me, "No."

"You have a crush." Callie smirked, "I have a boyfriend." I blankly stared at the both of them.

They we're about to speak but the usual birthday song they played started to play, which meant it was time to bring out the cake and big fancy bottles. I don't trust myself with the bottles, so I grabbed the oversized cake out the cooler and followed behind Rocki and Callie who were bouncing to the music, shaking the bottles on the way over.

Once Rocki and Callie stopped and put the sparklers in the cake I walked up to Sam, who was accompanied by Gino who was looking at me dead in my face.

"Don't drop it." He mouthed.

I shyly smiled, proceeding to bring the cake forward. Sam stayed seated, manspreading in the booth until the cake was in his face. Now I'm standing here, bent over, showing way more than I should as we all sung him happy birthday. Once we were done, Gino's hand crept up behind the guy's head pushing his head into the cake. If it wasn't for me holding the cake up, it probably would've fell. I played along with it, pushing the cake up on his face, causing Gino's laugh to grow a little louder. I smiled as Sam removed his face from the cake, nudging Gino with one arm as he got the cake off his face with the other.