5

Why was I still there? The question repeated in my mind ever since we parted ways last night. He was good company, but it was something else about him that intrigued me. And I know it shouldn't, but I'm curious.

I just finished cleaning my apartment, about to plop down on my couch until I noticed CoCo chewing on something.

"Spit it out!" I crouched down to her level, of course she didn't spit out. I put my fingers in between her mouth, pulling the object out.

A button.

"Girl, where in the world did you get this?" I huffed, knowing I'm probably missing a button off one of my shirts now.

Before I could go sit down there multiple knocks on the door causing CoCo to go berserk, I walked over to the door and opened it revealing the two that keep me going half the time.

"Hey boo." Rocki kisses my cheek before she walks into the house, "Hey Coco."

"What're you guys doing here?" I didn't mind, but they never really showed up unannounced.

"We're going out tonight!" Callie beamed, "We have work off for a couple days, we've been working our asses off so we decided we should treat ourselves."

"Unless you and Trey are doing something..." Rocki rolls her eyes.

"Oh, no. He's not here..." I trailed off.

They seemed to have get the vibe I was putting off.

"Okay! Go get ready so we can pregame!" Callie says as she looks through my cabinets for liquor I'm guessing.

"Callie the bar cart is in the living room." I pointed before I entered my room.

I showered quickly before grabbing a few options from my closet, throwing them on my bed. As I looked over the outfits, I debated with myself if I even wanted to go out, but I was tired of sulking around though and they were already here so I guess it wouldn't hurt. I decided to go with a black mesh mini dress with a cute set underneath it, I looked in the mirror for a bit trying to figure out if I wanted to wear this or not.

"Does this look-" I cut myself off as I walked out of my room, thrown off by who I saw.

"Where are you going?!"

"What are you doing here?" I laughed, kind of confused.

"Mom told me about Trey, I was coming to see if everything was good." Anthony stands up from the couch, "Everything is good, you know how mom gets." I waved it off.

He didn't say anything, he just walked past me into the other room, signaling for me to follow him. I rolled my eyes before following behind him, knowing him he was probably about to lecture me on what I was wearing.

"Before you start, I'd like to say that I am grown and can wear what I wa-"

"When did he stop answering your calls?" He cut me off.

I was taken back by the question, wasn't really expecting him to be asking me about this.

"I don't know, Anthony." I sighed, "He was supposed to pick me up from work and he didn't! I haven't seen him since!"

"You don't find that weird, Janae?"

"He never picks me up from work, Anthony. Always says he is and doesn't, he doesn't even tell me what he's doing half the time! He could be out cheating on me for all I care. I'm over the bullshit, I just want to forget about it for now and have some fun. I deserve it!" I caught myself raising my voice at my big brother.

"Okay." He says calmly, putting his hands up in defense, "Have fun tonight ladies, be safe!" He walks down the hallway and out the door.

"Like I was saying...does this look right?" I walked back out to the living room where the girls were, giving them a spin.