FIFTEEN

INTERRUPTED by the persistent ringing of the doorbell whilst busily jotting down her new hypothesis on cheese, a sigh escaped from her lips. For the first time, she wished the maids and servants were around. She had sent all of them away on a break for a day.
She dragged her feet to the front door and opened it.

"I was wondering when the door was going to be opened." A very familiar voice said.

Blinking twice and realizing it wasn't a dream she blurted out, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see you duh." He tried to force himself through the door.

"I didn't invite you."

"I had a dream last night where you wanted to call me to come over but you kept chickening out so stop being sassy. I'm doing you a favour." He runs his hand through his hair.

"Whatever."

"Good girl."

He forced himself through the door. Walking through the corridor leading to the stairs, he muttered, "I can never get tired of this mansion." It made an echo so he muttered again, "Interesting."

At the bottom of the stairs, he turned to look at Makayla.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Uhhh, upstairs?"

"Upstairs specifically where?"

"Your bedroom, study, kitchen, other places?"

"You've got to be kidding me, you don't know anything about this mansion."

"Oh puh-lease, I have been here before and I have every room imprinted in my memory."

She raised a brow at him.

"Okay fine, I asked my dad and your dad for help."

"Wait, daddy knows you're here?" Surprise was etched on her face.

"Yes princess. Now quit talking and let's move."

She joined him at the bottom of the stairs and they ascended together. They headed for her room but before Makayla turned the knob, she looked at him straight in the eye and warned flatly, "Try something stupid I stab you!"

"Whoa, whoa, okay." He raised his hands in mock surrender. Shrugging it away, she turned the knob and walked into the room.

"Hey what happened, your room looks duller than 10 years ago." 

She didn't respond.

"I mean, 10 years ago it was every kid's dream now it looks...." He trailed.

"Still not gonna talk? What were you doing before I got here?"

She told him. He looked amused for a second before he let out a laugh causing his chest to shake violently.

"Really Kayla, on a Saturday morning?"

She pouted her mouth and glared at him. She crossed her arms, showing how mad she was.

"Awwwwn you're so cute when you're mad." He coed and pinched her cheeks but she slapped it away.

"Ow, what do you use those hands for?" He walked away from her and sat on the bed. "Entertain me."

"Wha- what the? First of all, you interrupted me. You sat on my bed without my permission and now you want me to entertain you?"

"Ya heard me right."

"Humph! Entertain yourself."

She walked to her study desk and sat on her chair. She turned on the study lamp and flipped a book that was left there open.