SEVENTEEN

THE next few weeks was full of the same routine. Makayla and Bianca riding to school together with Xavier who only escorted them to school with the reason that he wanted to see them reach school safely but actually wanted to see Bianca and speak to her. (This prevented Bianca from telling Makayla about her feelings for Myles and made her dislike Xavier's presence more)
Makayla and Bianca conversing for a few minutes at lunch before Bianca's fans swept her away, Bianca working on her shift at her workplace and going to the mall or any hardware store after her shift to get a new item for the broken one at home and later sneaking out for a party in the night.

They rarely spoke to each other every day and though Makayla was happy that Bianca was working hard to change things around the house (she knew because Bianca brought it up every time they met and it was because she also babysat the twins after school) she couldn't help but feel she was losing her only friend to people at school.

The feeling became worse when she logged into her Instagram because she was bored only to find out Bianca was going to parties without telling her. She decided not to confront Bianca.

It had been a month after Xavier had come home and two weeks after she had found out about Bianca's partying. She hadn't had a proper conversation with Bianca yet.

She was walking around in the school during one of her free periods with no sense of direction when she came across Myles in the basketball court. She stopped and stared out how he played all seriousness with sweat dripping on the floor after each movement. It looked like someone had opened the floodgates on Myles.

"Don't you have a class to be in right now?" She called out to him.

"Step in here and I'll let you know." He didn't stop to answer her. She would have been hurt if the thought of them not being friends hadn't flashed her mind.

She stepped inside the court.

"I thought you won't listen to me." He faced her and wiped his face with his jersey and kept the ball close to him.

"And why would you think that?" She asked him coyly. The answer to her question was one she didn't expect. "

"Cus you know, we're not friends and my presence irritates you so-" He stated in a as-a-matter-of-factly tone.

"Your presence doesn't irritate me Myles." She looked hurt.

"Then why have you been avoiding me for a month?" He nonchalantly asked her.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I just don't see you at school anymore."

"So suddenly the school has become such a big place right?" He retorted angrily. "You know, if don't want to be my friend, you could have told me a month ago rather than let me wait for an answer." He added and went back to his game.

"You don't have a reason to be mad Myles."

"Of course I don't. I'm the one who desperately wants to be your friend here and you can take all the time you need!"

"You could have found me. When has searching for me ever stopped you?"

He let out a cold laugh.

"Oh I see what's going on. You always want to be given all the-"

"In case you didn't know Myles, I know all your schedules and classes, they clash with mine. And our classes together, you used them for football practice. You spend your lunch time in the boys locker room. How do you expect me to burst in and tell you, I want to be your friend? Yeah right, Makayla can't, I thought so too. Have a nice day Myles." She turned and was about to walk away when Myles caught her wrist and that made her face him again. His facial expression had changed to a sad one.