I

It was a crisp October morning when it all happened. Catherine of Aragon had peacefully passed away. She remembered feeling at ease one moment and the next disturbed by a bright while light.

Aragon opened her eyes, squinting from the light. Is this it? Am I in heaven? She wondered. She finally got the courage to get up and look around the place. Aragon appeared to be in a bedroom of some sort. The walls were coated in gold with a coat of black on the bottom. In the middle of the room there was a bed, except it was much different from what she was used to. The bed frame was pitch black with gold curtains hanging from the bedposts. Aragon walked over to the bed and pulled the curtains back, revealing gold and black blankets and matching pillows. She then plopped down on the bed, noticing that it was much more comfortable than the bed she seemed to be on just moments ago.

Catherine got back up, after many moments of fighting against it. She then noticed a hold rug, which was where she seems to be laying when she awoke. There was also two doors to the right of the room and a desk on the left. Aragon went to the two doors first and opened the first of them. There was a mirror on the far wall and it seemed to be a giant closet of some sort, only the clothes looked much different. There were many pairs of pants which confused her the most. Since when could women where pants? She ignored the thought and went through the other door. The door led to a small white bathroom, with towels to match the rest of the bedroom.

Satisfied that she knew where she was, Aragon went out of the room to find herself in a hallway. There were five over rooms which, after a quick look at each, seemed to be empty. Catherine went down the stairs to see a sitting room. She noticed that the seating was much comfort than what she was used to. Next to the sitting room, there was a dining room connected to a kitchen. Catherine found the pantry right next to it and was happy to find food there. After realizing that she was actually hungry, she started to make some food for herself. It was awfully boring here, Catherine thought.

That night as Catherine was going to bed, she came across a note on the dresser. She opened the letter and read it silently, not like there was anyone to hear it anyways.

Dear Catherine of Aragon,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. You have been resurrected to the 21st century. The fellow queens of Henry the Eighth should be arriving soon. More information will be sent soon.

Farewell,
Anonymous Person

Well, thought Aragon, I've traveled 500 years in the future. This should be fun!

490 words