III

Jane Seymour smiled weakly at her newborn son, Edward. She knew she had little time left but that couldn't stop her from being happy. Jane grimaced at the pain she was in but tried to ignore it otherwise. She held onto Edward's hand tightly as she slowly slipped away.

Jane woke up to loud yelling coming from somewhere nearby. She quickly shot up, taking in her surroundings as she exited the room. She walked down the hallway and saw two people who she thought she recognized. "Would you please stop arguing?" Jane asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Sorry," the smaller girl said. I could just barely make her out saying "not sorry" to the other girl. "So who are you, or well, I know who you are, but why are you here?" the older girl questioned. "Jane. Jane Seymour. As for why I'm here, I have no clue whatsoever," Jane answered. "Well, it's been a long time Jane. Surely you remember us?" As a matter of fact, the two did seem familiar. Then it hit her. How could she forget? She was both of their ladies in waiting at one point. "Anne Boleyn and Catheirne of Aragon right? How could I forget?" Anne nudged Catherine and whispered, "HA! She said my name first so obviously I'm better." "So? That doesn't mean anything. At least I didn't cheat on my husband. At least I could control myself. AT LEAST I WASN'T BEHEADED FOR BEING SUCH A LOSER MISS ANNE BO-LOSER!" Aragon was practically yelling at this point and Jane decided it was time to do something about all this arguing between the two queens. "WOULD YOU BOTH JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE!" Jane yelled. Both girls looked at her in shock as Anne ran up to her room, tears starting to spill out of her eyes. "What have you done?" Jane asked Aragon, after running up after Boleyn.
-@-

Anne heard the door to her bedroom open and she looked up to see Jane enter the room. "Leave me alone," Anne said weakly. "If that's what you want," Jane replied, exiting the room. As soon as she left Anne automatically missed her presence. This will be something I'll have to face on my own I guess, Anne thought as she drifted off into a deep sleep.

390 words