| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏 | 8

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

[Adrien's P.O.V]
Nothing is more lively than the village's people when they come together to celebrate a season's arrival.  I love when they bring out the music, the food, and the festivities. These are the biggest events ever, and they go all out.

But the better thing is, I heard the royal family was going to come down this time. It's been a while since they've attended an event like this, so everyone's pretty excited to see them up close.

"Mommy Mommy!! Can we please go to the sweets stand??? They have macaroons!" Said a little girl.

"Alright, hold my hand."

You can tell everyone is excited, BUT you can also tell they're nervous. The bakers are baking more desserts, the merchants are trying to sell more than usual, and the musicians and playing with more enthusiasm. They were great before, but now they feel the need to impress. People are dancing more, too.

"Why don't you ask a girl to dance, Adrien?"

"Mom, I don't know how to..." I scratch my head.

"Nonsense. When you were younger, you'd beg me to dance with you. You had quite the moves." She laughs. I smile at the memories.

If we're being honest, I know how to dance

If we're being honest, I know how to dance. I just don't want to dance with anyone other than the princess. It's too much to ask for, I know, but I can't help my hopes, "I'll see, I want to say hi to Chloe first."

"ADRIKINSS!!!!"

I freeze. The yelling was so loud, but I definitely knew who was behind it

I stand up, "Chloe! Good morning. How ar-"

"Oh, Adrikins!!! I missed you so much! You barely come visit me! What is wrong with you?" She says.

"Sorry Chloe, I've been serving the royal family at the castle. I promise I'll visit you more often." I give her a smile.

"Pinky swear! I can't have you promising and you bailing on me!"

"I promise." We share a pinky swear.

" We share a pinky swear

"Oh Emilie!"

"Audrey!"

[Marinette's P.O.V]

I'm so excited. We're close to the village, I can see it from my carriage window. It's been a while, what should I say? Do? It's almost 11 am.

I wish Nana came with us, but she's a stubborn, hardworking woman. Insists to continue with her duties, even though she knows she doesn't have to. Sigh.

"Excuse me, do you know where specifically we'll be seating?" I ask the guard who's inside the carriage with me.

"We will take you down to the center, Princess. It will be near the newly placed fountain, and we will also have accommodations for your seating when we arrive." He says.

"Accommodations?"

"Yes. If we're not exactly satisfied with the area provided, which will probably happen, we arrange the majority to your liking. We cannot risk anything."

"Oh. I understand. I hope to see most of the entertainment."

15 minutes past. I somehow recognize the area I'm at, it's the arriving point of the village. Oh my goodness!

"Halt!" I hear. The guards are preparing our arrival.

I look out the window once more and I see people gathering outside. I'm nervous I'm nervous. I see my parents go by first, and when they do, many people bow and greet them with formal salutations. They're incredibly loved by the people, and I'm happy about that.

My door opens, "Princess Marinette, if you may."

I take a deep breath, and I grab the guard's hand. He guides me out, and I'm greeted with cheers and flowers by the people.

"Princess Marinette! Your highness!"

"Lady Dupain-Cheng! It's amazing we have your presence this time!"

"Mademoiselle!!"

"Welcome back, Princess!"

I began my greetings.

"My King and Queen! Welcome back to this season's festival. I would like to thank you for again for deciding to attend. We are excited with what we have to offer you." Says the mayor.

"We're excited to be here, André."

"I hear the princess is here today, you're highness?"

"Hello, mister Mayor." I reach out my hand.

He takes it, "Princess Marinette! It's been a while, thank you for gracing us with your presence today," and bows. "Please, follow me to your designated seating area."

[ Adrien's P.O.V ]

"Chloe, this is a really nice pendant. Do you like it?" I've been dragged to the merchant section. Chloe wants to buy some fine jewelry, and I have no choice but to help her.

"No, it looks tacky." Sigh, every option I give her she rejects. These pendants are really pretty, I might get one for my mom.

"Ugh, I'll have to ask daddy to take me to the place he buys mommy jewelry. I can't find anything decent  in this section."

"Nothing?" I ask as I'm paying for the jewel I bought for my mom, "not even a bracelet?"

"No, Adrikins. Ugh, you know what? Let's go ask him right now. I really want new jewelry, and I don't want to wait !" She grabs my hand and drags me once again.

"Your dad, isn't he busy?"

"I don't care, I'll ask anyway. What could he be doing right now than chaperoning the event??"

"Uh... Greet people? Maybe?"

"Oh right, he's probably greeting the King and Queen right now. Don't care, I'm interrupting."

Oh my god. The King and Queen.

Oh my GOD, THE PRINCESS!

"Chloe go faster!" I exclaim.

"What?-"

"Gooo we're going to miss this!!"