| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏 | 4

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

.
.
.

[ Narrator's P.O.V]

Nana turned away with a smile as she farewelled Adrien. After the door closed behind her, she began admiring the fluffy bread that was tied with a cute pink ribbon, neatly placed on her tray by the young boy.

"This boy, sigh. He should just tell Marinette how he feels. Perhaps I'll bring up a similar topic to her and see what she thinks about love," Nana thought to herself. She looked to see if Marinette was still sitting in her bench, and she saw her admiring the flowers. She smiled and walked to her.

"Marinette, dear?" She spoke in a low voice.

"Nana? Oh you're here! Sit sit." Marinette patted the bench. Nana sat down and showed her the tray of goodies she carried with a warm smile splattered on her face.

She gasped, "Oh my, Nana this looks good! Thank you!" Grabbing a macaroon, she giggled, and then she gazed at the bread next to the tea cup, "Oh, you made bread too? You didn't have to."

"A princess has to eat to maintain her health, sweetie. I know you have been skipping a couple of meals here and there, don't think I'm not noticing you not eating." She said, Marinette's eyes widened.

"Oh- you noticed.. umm... I'm sorry I'm just trying to fit in the beauty standard that's expected of me.." she lowered her head.

"Oh honey, what beauty standard? You're perfect the way you are."

"You say that but I feel.. fat when I eat too much, y'know? And for a princess? Wouldn't that ruin my reputation?.."

Nana stared at her speechless.

"Im guessing it's just the society pressure that makes me think all of this and it gets me so self conscious.. people say , 'how does a princess feel so insecure about herself? You're perfect!' And what not.. but I don't feel perfect..." She fiddled with her fingers and hair as she continued to talk, not looking at Nana.

" She fiddled with her fingers and hair as she continued to talk, not looking at Nana