| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏 | 9

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

꧁❀❀❀❀❀꧂

[ Narrator's P. O. V ]

As the royal family gets seated, the mayor proceeds to introduce them to the new activities that debuted today. They never had a fencing section before, but this year they included it for the children. The mayor claims it's good for them in case they ever seek interest in becoming a knight. Other activities such as an eating contest, stand up comedy, and fortune telling opened up as well. Marinette was intrigued by them all, but she had to wait patiently until her parents were ready to roam around.

They were seated in an area with proper shade and a perfect view of the musician stage. A man by the name of Jagged Stone was performing. Apparently, he had come to village not so long ago, and started building fame with his music ever since. He wouldn't share any details of his life other than the fact he's a composer himself, and all of his songs are hints. Now, whenever people talk about music, Jagged Stone becomes the main topic.

 Now, whenever people talk about music, Jagged Stone becomes the main topic

"He plays lovely," Marinette says, "I also love his style!"

"You think so, Princess?" Mayor André speaks, "I personally find his sense of style quite unusual, but I'm glad you find him entertaining."

"Yes I do. He plays the Lute very well. Is he famous?"

"He has taken the village by storm with his music. Majority of the people know his name by now."

"Wow, that's amazing." And with awe, Marinette continues to enjoy the music of this talented man.

[ Adrien's P. O . V ]

"What do you mean go faster??? There's nothing entertaining about this festival at all!" Chloe complains. Obviously I'm not going to tell her that that's not the reason why I'm in a rush.

"Well- I personally want to see something... so come on." I push her back.

"Something??? But-"

"YES" I cut her off, "something. I want to see something so proceed."

I ended up dragging Chloe for the rest of the path since she didn't want to hurry. She loves taking her sweet time whenever it's something she's not interested about. Nothing but complaining and venting while she held my arm, but I endured it. We arrived at the center of the village. I couldn't find my mom or Chloe's. It was packed, and since I'm not exactly 6 foot tall, I couldn't see much with these big heads in my way.

"Where's mother?? She must be around here. MOTHER???" Chloe yells.

"Do you want to split up and find our mothers through this crowd? I feel like you'll end up getting left behind if we go the same way." I am really hoping she says yes. I know my mom is safe, but having Chloe behind me is going to be like having an annoying mosquito, and I don't need her making fun of me for when I actually get to the Princess.

"Are you calling me slow????" She gives me a menacing glare.

"No- I just think-"

"Save it, Adrikins. I'll find my mother in my own way. She can't be far and you obviously don't need my help."

"Okay, phew, great. See you in a bit," And before she says anything else, I run.

"Are you going to make your big move??"

He startled me, "My Goodness Plagg, don't do that. Where did you even come out of?" I'm genuinely confused as to where Plagg was hiding. Haven't seen him since the morning.

"Oh well, y'know... I was always with you."

"Liar."

"I was! All I heard was that girls complaining the entire time. How do you endure that."

"Years of experience. You've been so quiet though, what were you even doing? And why are you exposing yourself right now?"

Plagg looks around him. Nobody has noticed him, miraculously, so he takes the chance to transform into Rick.

"What-"

"Now you don't have to worry about people seeing a floating ball. Plus, I look very handsome as a human. I might as well stay in this form."

Can't help but roll my eyes, "You haven't answered as to where you were hiding."

"Inside you."

"What" I choke.