13 - Flustered

Adriana

As I put the bottle down and looked back up at George, I saw an intense shade of red spreading across his cheeks, his eyes wide as he stared at me.

"Uhm, George?" I questioned, waving my hand in front of his face.

He shook his head and closed his eyes for a second, seemingly snapping out of a trace.

"Uhm," he cleared his throat, "y-yeah. I'm fine. Perfectly ok."

I slowly nodded my head. "Okay... Are you sure?"

"Mhm," George hummed, giving a nod of his head. "Hey, why don't we finish up our butterbeers and head back to the castle? Y'know, so we don't get, like, stranded here or something," he nervously chuckled once he finished his sentence.

"Alright..." I said in a questioning tone.

We then quickly finished our butterbeers over some light conversation, and headed back out onto the cold, crowded roads of Hogsmeade.

We continued with the mindless chatter all the way back to the castle, only stopping once we reached the point where we had to separate to go back to our respective common rooms.

"I'll see you later then?" I questioned.

"Yeah," George said, his flustered state having disappeared on the walk back, "definitely."

"Bye bye then," I said, waving and slowly backing away.

"See you," George said, waving and also backing away.

I laughed lightly, waving one last time before forcing myself to turn around and walk to the Hufflepuff common room.

As soon as I stepped foot into the common room, and before I had time to process what was going on, someone yelled my name and tackled me to the ground.

"Jesus, Naomi," I said, figuring out who it was that tackled me. "What the fuck was that for?"

"So you couldn't run away from me," she said with a large grin, pinning me to the floor. "Anyways, how was your date?"

"My what?!" I asked in confusion, my eyes going wide.

"Your date," she said slowly. "The one I set you up on with George."

"I did not go on a date with George," I stated. "George and I joined each other for butterbeers in the Three Broomsticks because you and Fred and Lee all disappeared together."

"We all disappeared to get you two alone together. You know, George was a blushing mess when you went to get drinks. He was also very creepily staring. How do you always get him so flustered?" Naomi went on.

I tried, without luck, to push Naomi off of me. "I'll answer your questions if you let me go."

"If I let you go, you have to promise not to run off," she said.

"Fine," I groaned. "I promise to not run away when you unpin me."

"You pinky promise to not run away when I unpin you and to answer all my questions?" Naomi asked while putting her pinky in front of my face.

"Yes," I said, linking my pinky with hers.

"Yes what?"

I glared at her before saying, "I pinky promise to not run away when you unpin me and to answer all your questions pertaining to my hangout with George."

"Good," she said with a smile, getting off of me and pulling me up from the floor. "Now, questions," she pulled me with her to the couch by the fireplace and sat me down. "So, how the hell do you make George Weasley blush all the damn time."

"I don't know! I just, like, say something and I look at him and he has a little bit of a blush on his cheeks. Although," I paused in thought.

"Although?" Naomi questioned. "Finish your thought. You promised to answer all my questions, remember?"

"Although," I continued, "I made him very flustered before we left the Three Broomsticks earlier. And I think I know what made him so flustered. And it also may have been intentional."

"You, the oblivious Adriana LaVey, intentionally made George fucking Weasley flustered? How?" Naomi asked, a wide smirk on her face.

"I may or may not have winked at him..." I muttered.

"You-" Naomi spluttered. "You winked at him!? You're not joking with me, right? You actually winked at him?"

"I don't know what came over me! I just did it. Without thinking. And I took a drink of my butterbeer afterward, and when I looked back at George, the red of his face was rivaling the color of his hair! And he wasn't blinking. He was just staring at me until I waved my hand in front of him, and that's when he snapped out of whatever trance he had been put into, and he then suggested that we go back to the castle," I quickly said.

"So, what you're telling me here, is that George got super fucking flustered because you winked at him? That's it?" Naomi questioned.

My jaw dropped at her question. "What do you mean 'that's it'?"

"Well, I mean, I thought it'd take a lot more to make the cocky George Weasley so flustered to the point that he's a stuttering mess, not just a simple wink. I'm sure plenty of people have winked at him before," Naomi pointed out.

"Yes, I'm sure plenty of people have winked at him in a flirtatious manner, hence why I'm so confused as to why he was so flustered by me winking at him," I said.

"That's just it," Naomi said, a wide smile on her face. "It wasn't just anyone who winked at him, it was you that winked at him."

"So?"

"So, he obviously fancies you!" she said exasperatedly. "Lee and Fred agree with me on that."

"Nope, there is no way in hell that George fancies me," I said, shaking my head. "We've been friends for like a month. Maybe two."

"Ok, maybe he doesn't have a full on crush on you, but it's blatantly obvious that he finds you attractive," Naomi stated.

"No it's not," I said in confusion.

Naomi put her head in her hands and shook her head. "You are impossible."