Chapter 5

-3 years later-

Third person POV in the hidden leaf village

"There have been sightings of the Akatsuki in the Land of waves recently. Your assignment is to go and capture them." Tsnuade explained to team 7.

Ever since the Sasuke retrieval mission and Naruto's escape from prison no one has seen him nor Konoharmu, Moegi, and Udon. Many anbu were sent to go find them but each one either came back with nothing or didn't come back at all.

"We are not sure about how many Akatsuki members there are or their strengths so we will be sending all of you." Tsnuade added.

The teams for this mission were Team 7 which consisted of, Sasuke, Sakura and Sai. Team 8 which was shino, kiba, and Hinata, Team 6 which was Shikarmu, Ino, Choji, and Team 9 which was Neji, Lee, and TenTen. (No sensei)

"Neji and Sasuke will be in charge of this mission. I expect good results." Tsnuade said dismissing them.

-another time skip-

"Once we arrive in the land of waves we should look for a place to stay then go find intel." Neji said as the group made their way there.

"Remember when we went there for our first A tank mission Sasuke-kun~." Sakura gushed.

Sasuke only replied with a simple hn. After the incident he had no choice but to stay especially after the whole village pampered him even more going as far as to declare him a hokage candidate when he's older.

"Then you must have went on that mission with your old teammate Naruto right?" Sai asked with his fake smile.

That really put the tension in the air.

"Don't talk about that freak. He's nothing but a traitor and should have stayed in jail for hurting Sasuke-kun!" Ino spat.

"He even went as far as kidnapping the honorable grandson of the third and his friends! Who does that!" Sakura added.

"I hope they are ok. I mean three years and still
No sign of those poor kids. They didn't even make Gennin yet." TenTen said.

"Then maybe with some luck we can find some info about them while we look for the Akatsuki." Neji said.

"If we're looking for info that has something to do with Naruto I say we go to the bridge builder's house." Sasuke replied.

"Why?" Kiba asked.

"When we had our mission there we stayed at his house. So if Naruto brought konoharmu and his friends here it would most likely be to there house." Sakura explained.

"In that case going there will definitely be the best option." TenTen chirped.

-Timeskip at the Great Naruto bridge-

"We're finally here my youthful friends! Let us complete this mission successfully!" Lee yelled.

As they made their way through the small village something seemed to be off.

They stopped by every few stores or asked a kid or adult about any info about missing kids or the Akatsuki And each time all they got were hateful glares and remarks.

"What's wrong with the townspeople?" Hinata asked worried.

"I'm not sure but they seem to be on edged about something, something they don't want to tell." Sasuke said.

-Somewhere else in the village-

"Hey guys look! Leaf Shinobi are here!" A boy gasped peaking out from a fruit stall.