Sunoo Alone

Sunoo had reduced the speed of his car as much as he could. He was on an old road that  he didn't even know before today. On each side, he could only see trees and litter people had illegally thrown away. When he was starting to doubt the address, he noticed a change in the trees on his left.

There was a path in between them.

Sunoo sighed. His guts were telling him to follow the path, but his brain kept screaming DANGER.

He thought about Sim Jaeyun and it was enough to make his decision. He had made a promise.
Sunoo pulled over and got out of the car after making sure he had his service gun with him.

He walked between the trees, parallel to the path. After ten minutes, the trees got more and more scattered, until Sunoo arrived at the border of the forest. In front of him stood an old mansion, the same as in Park Sunghoon's picture.

Sunoo stayed under the cover of the trees while he analyzed the situation. The front door was in front of him and he could see there was an upper floor and probably an attic.

That means a lot of rooms to check. And maybe there's an underground floor as well...

After making sure he couldn't see anyone on the windows, he left the trees' shadows and carefully approached the mansion.

The officer walked around the house and found a secondary door, which he decided to use. Sunoo slowly got closer and put his right shoulder on the door. He had his gun his in right hand and gently pressed on the doorknob with the left.

He opened the door slightly and listened. As he heard nothing in particular, he opened it more and looked inside.

It was a kitchen. Sunoo finally entered, still carefully looking around. He didn't find anything suspicious in it, so he decided to continue exploring.

Okay, let's keep calm. Usually near the kitchen I'll find a dining or living room. Let's stay silent and continue.

He reached the other side of the kitchen, where a second door waited for him. Once again he put his head on it and listened. This time, he heard something.

Is it someone breathing?

Sunoo held his breath and opened the door, instantly looking outside. He was right, someone was there, sitting on a chair, his back facing the officer.

Sunoo opened wider and stepped out of the kitchen. The person sitting in front of him had his hand on his back, as if they were tied, but Sunoo couldn't see any strings or chains. They also had their head leaning on the right side, as if they were unconscious.

Is it a trap?

Sunoo looked around the room. As predicted, it was a dining room. He saw a huge dining table near some windows. It had one chair at the end, three on one side and two in the other.

Who would place chairs like that?

Sunoo finished his visual check of the room. Besides the tables, chairs and some paintings on the walls, it was empty.

So six chairs?

Wait. The person is sitting on a seventh one. Isn't it odd to have an odd number of chairs?

Anyway, I should check this person now.

Sunoo walked towards them and noticed the slow and regular shoulder mouvement that usually indicated someone was asleep. The officer turned around and soon recognized the person sitting in front of him.

It's Sim Jaeyun! What is he doing here?

"Jaeyun?" whispered Sunoo, touching the student's shoulder. "Wake up."

However Jaeyun didn't open his eyes. When Sunoo lightly shook his shoulder, his head just bounced  along.

I don't think he's waking up...

Wait

Is it like Beomgyu's coma?

Sunoo looked closer at Jaeyun's face and he indeed saw a similarity between him and his partner's face. They both looked very peaceful and sound asleep.

Sunoo got around Jaeyun again, remembering he had seen something strange about his hands. They were behind his back and a closer look confirmed that nothing was holding them together.

As if they were tied by magic only.

Sunoo frowned and when he was going to try speaking to student again, he heard noises upstairs.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go check. I'll be back" he whispered to the unconscious boy.

The officer tightened his grip on his gun again and followed the sound he had just heard. He passed an arch and found the entrance hall. On his right, he saw a staircase. After making sure there was no one else in the hallway, he reached the stairs and got up.

He wanted to be discreet, but each step he took made a high pitched noise that clearly notified the whole house someone was taking the stairs. He sighed and continued. He had no other choice now. Sunoo took the final step and looked around, embracing as many details as he could. On the left, he noticed several doors, probably leading to the bedrooms. On his right stood a massive wooden library. It looked like it was made from the same dark wood as the stairs. At least the sculpted details looked alike. A huge hall with carpets and desks separated the rooms from the library.

Sunoo took a deep breath and headed to the left. He need to check each room. The first one had a big canopy bed. Sunoo also noticed a closet that took a whole wall, but there was no one inside.

He closed the door and carefully walked to the second door. Sunoo opened it in silence and immediately saw shoes on the bed, someone was there.

The officer passed his head inside the room and felt relieved once he recognized Park Sunghoon's face. He was laying in bed, peacefully asleep.

Or in a coma too...

Sunoo tried waking him up as well, without any success.

Well I know he's not leaving this room, now I only have to find Lee Heeseung and bring them all to the hospital. Then, I find that woman and Niki and I kick their butts.

"I'll be back for you, I promise" whispered Sunoo once again, as he left the room.

He walked to the last door, and this time something felt strange. The whole house was quiet.

Too quiet.

Nonetheless, Sunoo opened the door and sighed from relief. Someone was in there too.

Finally found Heeseung!

Sunoo walked towards him, except that it wasn't Heeseung. It was Niki, who had just locked eyes with him.