Chapter Seven

A couple nights passed since Chongyun had seen Xingqiu. I gotta admit, I'm worried about him, even though he doesn't want me around. Should I go visit him... just to see him or talk things out?

He decided to go see Xingqiu. He missed his friend. So, he exited his house and began strolling down the street when he felt a touch on his shoulder. Shocked, he turned around to see Xingqiu.

"X-Xingqiu..?" Chongyun said, his voice shaking.

"It's me. We need to talk," he began to look around, "somewhere private. Can I come over to yours?"

Chongyun reluctantly nodded, and they turned back over to his house.

"So.. my mom doesn't want us to be friends. I want to be your friend! But she disapproves of us and I don't even feel safe at home. She got my Dad in on everything and he.. hit me." Xingqiu explained.

Chongyun stared at Xingqiu. "Are you okay? Why would he-"

"They're homophobic. You saw it."

"Do you just want to stay with us? I can alert Yanfei about your parents."

Xingqiu nodded, tears falling from his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe with me."

Xingqiu slowly hugged Chongyun. "Truth be told YunYun, I really enjoyed that night we had... I don't want to ever leave you."

Chongyun blushed. "I- enjoyed it too," he said nervously.

Xingqiu slowly pulled away and looked into Chongyun's eyes. "I love you, YunYun!" he said, smiling widely.

Chongyun covered his face and looked away. No way he just said that. Should I-

Breaking his train of thoughts, Xingqiu grabbed his hands again. "Hey, don't go looking away all embarrassed," he said and giggled.

Chongyun stared awkwardly at Xingqiu. "C-Can I..."

Xingqiu raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, nevermind it." Chongyun looked away.

Xingqiu placed a hand on Chongyun's jawline, turning his face over to him. Chongyun put his hand over Xingqiu's in shock. Xingqiu slowly leaned in, gently kissing his lips. He pulled back, blushing, and giggled.

"Was that what you were thinking of, my love?" Xingqiu teased happily.

Chongyun felt his face grow intensely red. "I-I um... you- we-"

Xingqiu keeled over in laughter. "Ahaha you're too cute!"

Chongyun buried his head in his legs, curling up in a ball. What do I even do in this situation?

Xingqiu looked at Chongyun. "Heeeeyyy, YunYun!" he said excitedly.

Chongyun looked up at Xingqiu.

Xingqiu kissed Chongyun again, this time more passionately. Chongyun quickly returned the kiss, then eventually the two pulled away.

"Chongyun, will you be my boyfriend?"