Chapter Eight

Chongyun stared at Xingqiu, blushing. His heart urged him to say yes... but he was still unsure. After all, he might have still liked Xiangling a bit, and things escalated so fast. But as much as he liked Xiangling, he wanted to be with Xingqiu too. Would my feelings for Xiangling affect my feelings for Xingqiu? He wondered.

Xingqiu gently placed his hand on Chongyun's, to which Chongyun quickly recoiled.

"Oh.. I thought..?" Xingqiu looked at Chongyun, a bit sad in the eyes.

"No, Xingqiu, don't get it wrong... I-I really like you too! But as much as I'd love to be your boyfriend, I can't," Chongyun said sadly.

Xingqiu tilted his head, oblivious. "Why so?"

"W-well I think.. I still like Xiangling. My feelings for her didn't just evaporate."

"Huh. Really."

Xingqiu seemed a bit irritated by this. Not jealous, but just mad.

"I'm sorry Xingqiu, I really like you but-"

"I can't believe you used me to move on from Xiangling? You let me cuddle you and we even... you know..."

"NO! Xingqiu, you have the wrong idea... I think I might be-"

Xingqiu stood up, holding up his hand as if to make a stop signal. "I don't want your excuses. I can't fathom that you would ever do that... I really like you, Yun- ahem. Chongyun." He said, narrowing his eyes and walking out.

Chongyun sat on his bed, his mind blanking. Is being polyamorous... wrong? Maybe Xingqiu doesn't know what it is? Whatever the case, I need to explain this to him when he is not so mad. I'll call him tomorrow.

Then it hit Chongyun. Oh no... where could he be going?! Certainly not home, his Dad will- screw it. I need to get to Yanfei. She'll help Xingqiu.

Bolting down the street, Chongyun frantically searched for Yanfei. Then he saw Hu Tao, Yanfei's girlfriend. Hu Tao was kind of a prankster, but Chongyun was sure he could handle her for a bit.

"Hu!" he shouted, hoping the girl would turn around.

"Who?" she giggled, walking to greet Chongyun.

"Hu Tao, I need your he-"

"Help? Certainly! Are you dying? Our purple coffin is now on sale, 50% off! Snatch this deal as soon as you can!"

"NO, Hu Tao, not like that... where's Yanfei?"

"Yanfei.. Ayaya I haven't seen her~ check Northland Bank, i heard she had to talk with the bank owner earlier."

"Thanks."

Chongyun ran to Northland Bank, praying he could find Yanfei so that Xingqiu wouldn't be endangered.