Survivors Guilt

TW for this chapter- basically everything in the description.
Note: Angst for the poor/j, havvveee fuuunnnnnnnnn. Also this is the American public-school system cuz idk how to write other ones.

           It felt so long ago...the good days. Of warm, gentle fire and hot coco. Fluffy gray and golden feathers wraped together as they waited to be picked up by their parents from school. Watching how sparkily the snow was, and how pretty the lanterns looked with their light shining off of all the fragile flakes. How calm and loving(/p) this felt compared to the screaming and yelling from the other kids their age.

....

Wilbur regretted it all.

       He regreted that now it was thier 4th year, and they'd be off to college soon...well would have been if his best friend wasn't in the hospital. He regreted that he was so, so alone. And it was all his fault.

        Wilbur stared at the clock waiting for class and the school day to end. His grades had slipped from A's to high C's, and he had dropped band to take up art instead. It had been his favorite class out of all of them. Wilbur had silently wished that he could use this to make it up to Quackity, although he knew that it most likely wouldn't.

         The school had gotten colder since he had been sent to hospital. The stars had also gotten dimmer and the days seemed to last longer then ever before. Wilbur wanted to visit him in the hospital but he knew that it probably end badly. Especially since one of Quackity's fathers, Sam, had started staying with him in the hospital room more, along with his little brother . They were always protective over Q, and they quite obviously loved him dearly. God, Quackity being in the hospital must have wrecked them.

RIIINNNNGGGGGGGGG

        The final bell dismissed the class, snapping Wilbur from his thoughts. He silently wanders through the halls, clutching Qs sketchbook tight to his chest. Tommy, blissfully unaware and too young to understand, bullied wil relentlessly for clinging to that thing. It had been three months now and he hadnt woken up from the accident..

      God the scene was horrifying. The lighthearted yelling, the pushing and nudging the squealing tries and one last shove-

"Wilbur!"
     He felt a sting on his cheek as techno snapped him from his thoughts with a smack. He was a year younger then Wilbur, but the most amazing support he had. Phil had brushed the situation off completely, Kristen had done her best but had work... Tommy had never come close to losing someone... But techno? He was an amazing little brother. He may be, well, techno. But he knew when to shut up and take things seriously..he knew how to listen. And wilbur was so, so grateful. Techno gently wiped the now noticed tears, and wilbur let out a shaky sigh. "Lets go see him wil.."

       Wilbur stared at Techno "No, No, I can't see him after what i did.." He said as he clutched the sketchbook tighter.

         Techno sighed "Wil, you can't avoid this forever.." He set a hand on Wilbur's shoulder, and he let out a shaking sigh. "I know Tech.." He replied as he slumped forward a bit "Look you won't go there alone, I'll be there with you both just incase something happens to either one of you ok?"

       Wilbur stared for a moment before responding "You..Let's go see him". Techno nodded and lead him to his car. They usually took Techno's car now since Wilbur disliked having to deal with the stress of the other ones around him.

       Wilbur listened to the light rain hitting the car window. It was still winter when he had last saw quackity.. And it held his head in a steadfast grip. Techno swerved to avoid a cat in the hospital parking lot, and wilbur jolts and freezes faster then the once falling snow. He could here the screaming of tires and that oh so deafening crash in his Head. he could smell the burnt rubber and aluminum, and feel the cuts of broken windows and windshields. He can see his best friend a bloody mess after taking all of the impact-

   "-Wilbur im so sorry.."
      Again, hes snapped from hia thoughts by his younger brother, who had parked and pulled Wilbur close to his chest.
    "I-im ok..shit..."

           His voice betrayed him though, it was shaky and cracked more then once. He was not ok. He has never been ok after that accident, he couldn't even look at himself in the fucking mirror after that "Still Wil i am so, sorry about that. That asshat wasn't looking where it was going." Techno said as he opened his door