11: More than one

Date: prop. 1940's (16 d + 19 h after arrival)
Time: 3:13

Location: Azur Lane Base
Objective: None

It had been a day since Protector had arrived at the base of the Azur Lane alliance, showing them he existed and agreeing to help them with their big Siren problem.
At the moment it was still early in the morning, but Protector was already awake.

V. Protector: Zzzzzz...

Or not... but hey, it was still 3 in the morning.

V. Protector: Zzzzz...

Time skip, unknown ________:

Protector woke up, but instead of being in his bed on his ship, he woke up on hard rocky ground, he was confused on where he was, as he didn't recognize this place, it was somehow hard to breathe.

He looked around, there were a few broken down concrete buildings, however there wax a familiar thing: UNSC ammo crates.

V. Protector: Where the hell am I?

*KAABOOOM*

V. Protector: *turns around* Huh!?

He turned around to the source of the explosion, it was his ship, or rather what was left of it. It seemed somewhat intact, but the hull was riddled with holes and it was burning.

V. Protector: ...What...

He looked at it, he was speechless, he didn't know what to do, how did that happen? How did he get here? Why was his ship crashed?

And what the hell is that bright as hell glow in the distance?

Wait a minute...

That glow looked familiar...

It looked way too familiar, in his long service history this could only be one thing: a glassing beam.

V. Protector: What in the world...?

But then he noticed something, there was a small object coming in at extremrely high speeds, heading for him.

V. Protector: Oh shit!

*Crash*

He jumped to the right, if he didn't get our of the way the object would have squashed him.

V. Protector: (thoughts) Holy shit!

The impact of the object threw up a lot of dust, as it slowly started to clear he heard a VERY familiar roar.

V. Protector: (thoughts) What!? A Brute!?How did he get here!?

The cloud of dust fully cleared, revealing a very large Brute, but that one wasn't a normal Brute, it had a rigging, and it was that of a CCS-class battlecruiser... in other words, Protector was as good as dead.

But even though he knew he was already dead, it didn't stop him from turning his crashed ship into his rigging.

V. Protector: I will not go down without a fight! Bring it on you bastard!

He got ready, but his rigging was in poor condition, hull and armor had holes, one of his MACs was knocked out, a reactor was offline, a some naval coilguns and archer missiles were unoperational.

He was about to fire his remaining MAC, but was interrupted when the Brute charged and then punched him in the gut.

V. Protector: UGH!

Blood came out of his mouth as he flew into the distance, he recovered mid-air and fired Archer's at the CCS-Brute, but it wasn't of any use... like every time Archer's were used against the Covenant...