Chapter 3 - Out with The Old & In with The New!

(Y/n) POV
Unedited.
-

"WHATTT?!" Tama loudly exclaims, heads turning to our group.

"Ah- sorry! Sorry!" Tama bows in a few different directions, apologizing for his outburst.

"What do you mean you're moving?!" Hiromi asks, eyes wide.

"You're okay with this, Kiri?!" Masami turns to Kirikaku, brows furrowed in disbelief.

"Of course not." Kirikaku glares, seeming to snap at Masami's comment. She gives a brief apology before sighing and smiling. "But! You don't have to worry about me, I've got a plan!"

"Eh? What plan?" I mumble, becoming just as confused as everyone else was.

She giggles softly, covering her mouth with her hand. "Secret~"

"A-Anyway! Is it seriously set in stone? Can't you work something out?" Tama continues, sounding desperate.

I shake my head, rubbing the back of my neck. "My mom has made it clear, and.. I don't exactly want to argue with her."

"Why not?" Rei speaks up, a sad frown on her lips.

"She's all I have left, vise-versa. When she cried to me about how worried she was..." I shake my head, feeling myself become sad just thinking about it. "But.. no, it's set in stone. We can still text and facetime! And maybe I'll be able to visit..."

A moment of silence goes by.

"You'll stay alive, right?" Ami breaks the silence with a blunt question, everyone glancing away with different emotions, anger, fear, and sadness.

"Ami!" Hiromi goes to scold her, but Rei holds up a hand, stopping the girl.

"No. She's right. We were all thinking it." Rei sighs, looking down ashamed.

Ah, I guess I can understand where they're coming from. After losing a majority of their friends in the span of a handful of weeks can cause some PTSD and trauma. That's putting it lightly.

"I will." I reply, attempting to console their worries.

Ami sighs before throwing an arm over my shoulders, ruffling up my hair a bit. "I trust you. I'll kill you myself if you don't at least visit us."

I nervously chuckle, nodding. "All right."

"Well, we can't just stand here and mope, let's go make a few more memories before you have to leave." Tama smiles at me, sniffling as he drags me off, the rest of our group following.

"Today, we'll have fun!" Tama exclaims happily.

I stare up at him for a moment, remaining silent as a small smile crosses my lips. "Yeah!" I laugh.

---

"You ready?"

"...Yeah, is the car ready?"

"All warmed up. I'll let you say goodbye one last time." Mom says, placing a quick peck on my temple before grabbing the last box from my room and walking downstairs.

I look around the empty room, remembering all the times I spent watching anime or playing video games in the dark. Fangirling over different anime girls and watching live stream concerts while eating a simple cup of noodles.

I leave the room, walking down the stairs and skimming a hand over the chipped paint that lined the walls, into the kitchen I rarely walked into.

It was just as empty as the other rooms.

I sigh before finally making my way out the door, skipping past the living room and shutting the door behind me.

After grabbing my things from Kirikaku's house, we had come over to my own, the one I used to live in before moving to Kirikaku's.