Chapter 9: Empire Day

Today is going to be really for me. Kanans dead and today is my birthday. He was always the first one to tell me 'happy birthday'. But not anymore. I looked up to see if Zeb was laying in his bed, but he wasn't. So I got up,got dressed, and went to the cockpit. Hera was sittin in the piolets seat,crying. I went over and hugged her. "I still can't believe he's gone." She said through tears. "He's in a better place now." I said with a slight smile. "Happy Birthday by the way." She said and hugged me. I hugged back as usual.
I went into the common room, or should I say I tried to but it was locked. So I went to my room to meditate. I sat,legs crossed,and eyes shut. I had a vision of....Kanan?
What...no he's dead...how?
I felt someone trying to communicate with me through the force...

"Ezra.." Said a calm,sweet,kind voice

"W-who are you?"... I said a little scared

"It's me..Kanan." The voice said

That's when I opened my eyes and realized I had been crying.

________TIME PASSED_______

We were all siting in the cockpit,silent as usual. I didn't want to tell anyone about my connection with Kanan. I mean, they will think I'm crazy. I know I am crazy but I mean my master is dead and I can't let go.
I miss him telling me I'm losing focus. I will do anything to hear him say that again. It was still my birthday but I didn't want to do anything so we went to the empire parade as usual.

When we go there I saw a figure I never saw before. He was standing as if he was scared. He looked like......Kanan. He seemed to have saw me. He looked over and smiled. Then my comm "Spector 3 to Spector 6 where Are you?" Sabine said over the comm.
"I'm on my way, Spector 3" I said back.
"You saw him...is that who I think it is." She said to me when I got back to the ghost.

"Yeah I think so but he's dead."

"Well I'm glad I'm not the only one Who saw him."

"Seriously."

I went to my room and Zeb is asleep as usual. I got to my bunk and was deep in thought. I was thinking about the memories with Kanan. Him treating me like a son, and a padawan. I loved him so much. No he's gone.
I finally fell asleep. before i did thiugh i said to myself as if I was talking to Kanan, "I love you...dad."