Chapter 24

Ashley heard the door open and footsteps approach her bedside. "How is she doing?" A woman asked as she slowly opened her eyes. "Well, hello, how are you feeling?"

"Like crap," Ashley mumbled, "stomach hurts so bad."

"That is to be expected," the nurse said as she looked over the chart. "You went through major surgery."

"How did it go?" She asked curiously.

"You don't remember the conversation you had earlier?" Sean asked coming over to the bed.

"Sean?" She asked confused as the nurse helped her sit up. "Everyone?"

"I'll step out and let you talk," the nurse smiled softly. "I will come back in a couple of minutes to discuss your recovery and the plan you had with Dr. Johnson and Dr. Jones. I will also come back with some pain medication for you."

"Thank you," Ashley said softly. The nurse shut the door and she took a deep breath but whimpered when it hurt to breathe. "What are you guys doing here?"

"You don't remember?" Owen asked and she barely shook her head.

"Still having trouble with anesthesia I see," Sean smirked. Ashley rolled her eyes and whimpered. "Well Pookie, Dr. Johnson came by to see you when you were first waking up."

"Oh yeah," She said holding her head. "I remember now."

"You had a full hysterectomy," Sean said softly.

"Yeah," She groaned, "It lessened the chance of the tumors coming back by going ahead and removing everything already."

"Are we ready for some medicine?" The nurse asked coming into the room.

"Yes please," Ashley pouted. "Chest hurts."

"That would be the air bubbles trying to work their way out," Sean said softly.

"This will help," The nurse said as she inserted something into the IV. "Oh by the way, Dr. Johnson got called into an emergency but he wanted me to tell you that the retrieval for your eggs was a success and he sent them off to be frozen like you asked. Here is the paperwork for you to look over everything and sign when you are ready. It just states that you were told of the egg retrieval process, they were sent off to be frozen, how your surgery went, and all that. If you give permission Dr. Green can look over all your records and then he will be able to explain anything."

"My head is throbbing," She pouted. "I will look at them later."

"Close your eyes," Victor said softly. She did and then she felt his fingers on her temples. He started gently massaging her temples and she softly sighed as the pain started to lessen slightly. "Just try and relax Princess. The medicine will work soon hopefully."

"How are the girls?" She whispered as she clutched her blanket.

"The rest of the guys are at the house with the girls and helping Oma," Owen said as he unclutched her hands and held them.

"Kota sent a video about thirty minutes ago of the girls swimming with Nathan, Luke, Gabe, and Silas in the indoor pool," Victor said softly. "Nathan was pleased they already knew how to swim and they were making a list with Luke on what kind of pool toys we apparently need."

"Took swimming lessons after turn two," She mumbled as she fought to stay awake. "Love water."

"Pookie," Sean said softly.

"What Sean?" She huffed. "I hurt and just want the pain to stop."

"You froze your eggs?" he asked shocked.

"Yeah so?" She asked irritated. "Dr. Johnson explained it would be good to keep them just in case I ever want more children in the future. I told him I don't but he said it would be a good idea to keep an open mind and I can always have them destroyed if I remain adamant. He asked me to just keep open mind for five years then we can reapproach the subject. Anything else?"

"Not right now Princess," Victor said, "I remember how sick anesthesia makes you feel. You need to rest and sleep as much as possible."

"Can't," she groaned. "Not tired."

"You were yawning just a few minutes ago," Owen said softly.

She glared at him, "So? I'm not tired anymore."

"Okay, well what would you like to do to pass the time?" he asked as he rubbed his thumbs back and forth over the top of her hands.

"I want to go shopping," She said sarcastically. "Seriously Owen? There's nothing I can do besides watch TV. Since that is all I can do, you can leave and go back to whatever the hell it was that you were doing before you decided to stay here and be nosy."

"You don't like shopping, Princess," Victor smirked.

"No shit Sherlock," She glared, "it's called being sarcastic."

"Has the medicine kicked in?" The nurse asked coming in to check her charts.

"No," Ashley huffed, "It still hurts to breathe and my stomach feels like it's on fire."

"Okay," She said making a note. "Let me call Dr. Jones and see what he says I can do about that."

"Thank you," She mumbled while glaring at Sean, Victor, and Owen. Once the nurse left she clenched her fists and said, "There is nothing for you to do here so leave me alone and get out."