Chapter 1

Chapter| 1
Layla's Pov:

As my alarm echoes through this tiny area, I groan in frustration wishing alarms didn't exist, actually hoping school didn't exist. I throw the closest thing to me at the alarm creating a huge bang. My father grumbles leaving a high-pitched snort to escape my mouth.

My father gets angry pretty easily, but he controls himself. I know for a fact he will never even lay a pinky on me, not even if I did the most painful thing possible to him. I'm brushing through my hair when I check the time on my watch and almost drop my hairbrush. It's 8:14, and my first class is at 8:30. I put my hair up in a ponytail, grab my bag and rush out the door trying to find a way to get to school.

Today's my lucky day because our neighbours also seem late on their first day. I walk over to their house politely asking if they could drop me off. Coincidentally their daughter, whose name I haven't learnt yet, goes to the same school as me. I hop in the backseat in between two teenage boys, while the girl sits in the passenger seat next to who I assume is her mum.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" The girl asks. "Oh, it's Layla," I respond. "Nice to meet you Layla, I'm Isabel and the two morons you're sitting in between are Jacob and Marcus. If they bother you just pinch them and they'll shut up." She says with such ease.

"Language," her mum interferes, receiving a mumbled apology from Isabel. A slight giggle escapes my mouth and I cover it with my hand. Isabel's mum catches my eye through the rearview mirror and comforts me with a small smile.

The rest of the car ride goes by with a bit of small talk. Once we arrive at school, I thank Isabel and her mum before Isabel and I part ways. Checking my timetable already gives me a headache as I realise I have maths in the first period. "Who in their right mind decides to put maths as the first period, stupid people?" I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?" A deep voice speaks behind me.

I turn my head to see Zayn Hernandez standing with his head cocked. One thing you should know is that Zayn thinks he's the coolest kid in this entire school. He's had to stay back in senior year two times, this year being his third.

That's just great. I'm going to have to spend a whole year listening to girls praising Zayn about his amazing 8-inch cock. Not that it is amazing, I'm just repeating what the girls would say. "Nothing," I say continuing to walk towards my math class.

"You know, I agree with you. Math shouldn't be a first-period subject. English or maybe even history would be a great alternative" He says proudly. And here I was thinking Zayn had no interest in talking about school. I decide to ignore him once again, given the fact that he's following suit behind.

"I'm going to math as well, want me to drop you off, princess?" He coos into my left ear with his alcohol-scented breath and a raspy voice. It's almost 8 in the morning and he's already begun drinking. Unless he drank last night and didn't brush his teeth which makes me want to gag even more than I already had been.

I shove my hand in his face telling him to fuck off. I hear him chuckle while walking in the opposite direction. As soon as I enter my maths class everybody's heads spin- towards me. Surprise, a huge celebrity is here! I never understood why people have the urge to stare at latecomers.

Casey waves a hand in my direction removing her bag from a seat she saved for me. I don't even bother saying hi. Our math teacher, Mr Ching, banned us from talking in class unless it was absolutely important. Once, and, only once, Casey and I were talking about flipping algebra and he gave us detention.

                                                                            ── ❃☂︎❃──

The bell for lunch rings and I practically sigh in relief. I know for a fact if I sat there listening to my chemistry teacher for another second my mind would explode. The lunch lady slaps pasta onto my plate with a scowl I know she's not only giving me but every kid in this place.