Yandere!Shihai x Reader

➤ Day 9: Blind "Don't be scared of the dark." | Use grayscale for your drawing.

Darkness was a strange thing. How it could twist and turn things that were completely normal into grotesque shapes and monstrous creatures.

A walk in the forest could be a very nice thing but by night it turned into a nightmare.

Not that you were in a forest. No, you were only walking home, in the dark, through the suburbs. What could make this experience any better? Exactly. A blackout.

From one second to the other every light in the street went out. The moon was only a thin sickle in the sky and didn't shed much light either.

For a moment you were just standing there - all alone in the pitch black - rooted to the spot.

Then you heard something behind you and panicked.

It could have been a cat but you didn't care about that right now. You wanted to be home. To be at least safe inside. Somewhere where you knew your way around even without light.

Right now you weren't home though.

You went on through the darkness as fast as you possibly could without falling.

As your eyes slowly adjusted themselves to the dark you could at least see some shapes and outlines now yet it didn't give you any comfort.

Every now and then it appeared to you as if a hand was reaching out through the blackness - a pitch black hand that you almost couldn't see at all.

Not knowing if what you saw was real or just the imagination of your scared mind you tried to run. With how little you could see you stumbled often and rather soon you got stuck on something with your foot and fell. The impact was pretty hurtful but the adrenaline in your veins and the panic in your mind urged you to get up again and keep running.

Just keep running. There is something with you in the darkness. You were almost sure of it now but you wouldn't turn to look.

Your quirk couldn't help you as it needed a light source to be activated at all and that meant that you were basically quirkless while you remained in this darkness. There even seemed to be some kind of light source up ahead just a bit further down the road. Maybe someone had lit some candles or some other kind of light that didn't need electricity.

A small spark of hope began to grow in you again ...

... and then your foot got stuck on something once more. This time you were more aware of the pain in your body after you struck the ground and it took you longer to recover from the fall. When you finally tried to get up you noticed that your foot was still stuck on whatever made you fall but as you tried to pull your leg out of it, it was pulled back.

Your eyes went wide as a head started to emerge from the dark street. Now you desperately tried to get away but the man had a firm grip on your ankle.

He smiled at you through the darkness. Somehow he even seemed familiar. As if you had met before.

"Don't be scared of the darkness, deary" he said quietly while coming closer. "Don't be scared of me."