CHAPTER 06

Tick Tock, The time's running out

"Kazuha..."

Hearing his friend's voice made his train of thoughts fade away. It always keep him calm.

He smiled at his friend's presence.

"Tomo! Y-you're back"

Tomo gently smiled back at him, with his arms spread out for a hug.

"I'm back Kazuha.."

Kazuha stood up from where he last sat as he ran to hug his friend, but when he did so..he went pass through him. In panicked, he looked back and saw his friend fading away with the wind..

"Choose to forgive Kazuha...that's the only way to a peaceful life"

Kazuha stared blankly. His mind filling with questions that stays unanswered.

'forgive them?'

Soon enough, this thoughts slowly fades away as he heard a soft footsteps of someone behind him. From the sounds of it he already knew it was her.

Y/N.

She smiled at him.

"Your headaches acting up again? Kazu...I think you need to rest more, I don't want to lose anyone anymore..."

She quietly said the last part.

"I'm fine don't worry, you know I would never leave my bestfriend. I promise"

"Thank you Kazuha"

°°°
"I know that already Beidou...you don't have to always remind me"

Kazuha grumbled as he quietly whisper on his phone. Beidou just sighed, not having a mood for an argument right now. Then the call was ended.

"Hmm~ I think it's best for your mom to remind you for your meds"

Kazuha could only sigh in annoyance as soon as he heard Rin's michevieous voice.

"So- Kazuha, how's our plan going? Is my Scaramouche did the work as we planned?"

The blonde girl Rin leaned against the wall by the rooftop at their school. Lollipop dangling in between her pointer and middle finger.

"Don't even ask me about it, that harbinger....Failed that I had to throw the body where no one could find it"

"And it seems like...he still managed to keep himself alive. We have to keep out for ourselves, I'm going now"

Rin watched as Kazuha walked out from the rooftop, throwing the unfinished lollipop and crushing it with her right foot.

She was fuming with anger but soon calmed down. 'ugh that man...but I cannot hate him for a long period of time, my Scaramouche~'

°°°
Present Time

Kazuha stared in petrify, he couldn't move his hands nor he can think properly. His mind is in a blurry state.

"You said you'd protect her.."

Scaramouche looked at him in anger, there's something sticking out on his chest blood is also covering his shirt. Kazuha couldn't understand what's happening..all he knows is that it's a dream right? All of this isn't real.