18: The Butt And The Crack (Cocaine)

Gerard had slept for something like eighteen hours now, and mainly because Ray Toro's bed was practically the most comfortable thing he'd ever known.

It was kind of ridiculous, and he just knew that he was pathetic at this point, but Ray kept calling him cute, so to a sleepy Gerard, nothing seemed to matter at all.

There wasn't even the slightest hint of the fact that he knew he shouldn't be here, because this wasn't his life, and this wasn't how things were supposed to be, but- fuck it, who said so? Who said that he couldn't have the nice life in the nicest apartment he'd ever seen? Who said so?

Frank fucking Iero, probably.

Gerard groaned, stretching a little as he moved in bed, groaning slightly as he did so, and in consequence grabbing Ray's attention, and sending the curly hair man into the bedroom.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Ray grinned a little as he spoke, leaving Gerard to blush into the sheets as he grabbed his cellphone from the dresser and checked his messages: generally uninteresting, and Ray hadn't expected anything less. "It's two in the afternoon: you want to think about getting out of bed now?"

Gerard sat up, the sheets twisting around him and almost rooting him to the bed, his inky black hair falling in his face, only to pushed back many times and eventually just tucked behind his ears as he attempted to maintain eye contact with Ray Toro.

"It's comfy. I like it here: warm, nice, and comfy." Gerard mumbled, making it evident that he was by no means fully awake now, but Ray didn't seem to mind, only chuckling a little as he sat down on the end of the bed.

"I knew you'd think so." Gerard moved to the end of the bed, sitting beside Ray, and looking at him like he fully trusted the man, despite the fact that they'd barely known one another for a day or so. "You're a good boy, you're thankful for what you're given. Frank, on the other hand... he never seemed to care... never seemed to spend anytime with me, ever- never even knew where he fucked off to for the most part: I was worried, and- Jesus Christ, I-"

"I'll never make you worried." Gerard promised, smiling at Ray, as he leaned his head into his side. "I'm not like Frank."

"I know you're not." Ray put his arm around Gerard. "You're nothing like him at all: kind, sweet, and well behaved - honestly, I can't even imagine how you two ended up dating... opposites attract or something like that?" Gerard shrugged a little, but nodded regardless. "That's bullshit if you ask me: you're never going to get along with the polar opposite of yourself, are you?"

"Sometimes we got along, but there were a lot of arguments, and mess, and he sometimes didn't like it when I was up at night painting." Gerard admitted, his head still spinning a little, and somehow just innately biased towards agreeing with every word Ray said, and really, Gerard didn’t' seem to mind at all.

Ray was good, and Frank was bad, and really, it was just that simple.

"You paint?" Ray's eyes widened a little as his face was overtaken by a wild and largely unexpected grin. 

Gerard nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I guess so."

"You any good?"

"Frank said I was-" Gerard didn't quite realise just how negatively Ray was going to react to any notion of Frank Iero’s existence.

"I don't care what Frank said- I'll see for myself. You could paint for me later?" Ray asked, his face falling a little as he noticed Gerard's. "I'm sorry... I- you know how I feel about Frank, look, I'm sorry I snapped at you - it was my fault, okay?"

"Not your fault." Gerard murmured, pulling the sheets away from him as he attempted to get out of bed.

"So we are getting up now, are we, princess?" And well, Gerard blushed like hell itself at the word 'princess', and of course, Ray only laughed in response. "You're cute."