6) Hard feelings/loveless

(Tw! Mentions of violence)

Cassiopeia took a deep breath as she rose into the arena. She looked around and her breathing became faster and stronger. The countdown began and she got into a running position.

"3...2...1..." a horn blasted and she took off running towards the cornucopia. She grabbed a bag, a trident, and some throwing knives as quickly turned around. A boy was behind her and he raised a knife and slashed it towards her. She ducked below it with a grunt and slashed the back of his knee, causing him to fall. She then ran quickly into the woods, avoiding other tributes as she did.

Everything was a blur for Cassiopeia as she ran through the woods. She eventually ran straight into another tribute, Katniss Everdeen. The girls both fell but Cassiopeia immediately recovered and got up, pointing the trident towards Katniss. Katniss's eyes widened and Cassiopeia faltered. She realized that the district 12 tribute didn't have any weapons. "Go" she murmured, and Katniss ran off into the woods. Cassiopeia huffed and caught her breath. She then turned towards what she believed to be the outer edge of the arena and took off running again.

This was going to be rough.

~

Uh, hi?

I'm back??????