⁰¹'

⁰¹' | ꜱᴇᴄᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟɪᴀɴᴄᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀɪᴇꜱ

England, 1946

      Over a year ago, the young King Edward IV of England met a beautiful woman—with blonde hair that shined in the sun and bright blue eyes—under a big oak tree. The moment the young King's eyes laid upon her he was enchanted by her. From that moment on the King knew he had to have her, but she wouldn't have him. Not only was the young King burning for her, he soon came to love her like no other woman he has met in his life. She too, returned the love he had for her to him.

      So, upon claiming their love to each other the beautiful woman had captured the young King's heart by accepting to marry him.

      King Edward IV of England finally married the woman who had captured his heart, Lady Elizabeth Grey in secret. For their love and marriage was forbidden and scandalous. When Edward announced his marriage to Lady Elizabeth Grey—a mere Lancastrian commoner—to his Royal Court it caused a scandal among the nobles. Yet, it didn't matter to Edward because he married for love and not politics, but now he needs strong allies more than ever after destroying a peace treaty with France.

      King Edward needs a strong ally that has a strong army in any case of a war or a rebellion breakout in the future. A strong country that has power and wealth that will support England in any cause, and who will support him as the rightful King of England.

      After long hours of thinking, he suddenly remembered the stories his father, Richard, Duke of York used to tell him and his brothers about a prince who was loved by his people and who would always win his way through politics instead of war. Prince James Starkov. The Prince of Ireland. Now, King James II of Ireland ruling equally with his wife by his side, Queen Matilda I of Ireland.

      King Edward decided to write to King James II of Ireland without anyone knowing, not even his closest advisors nor his wife. He wrote of an alliance through marriage hoping King James will accept his proposal.

      Now, all he can do was wait for his response.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Months Later

      England is booming with excitement for tomorrow Lady Elizabeth Woodville will be crowned, Queen of England. Though not everyone is happy with this occurrence it still was a grand event for England.

      After years of war, nobody imagined this would be the outcome. An outcome that would bring joy and wonder to England. To be able to cheer with love in their hearts for the new era of England and to be able to give their full loyalty to the new monarch of England, to King Edward of House York.