Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I resisted him. I closed my knees and refused to look at him. It was difficult because, in the flickering candlelight from the hanging lanterns, he was a gorgeous sight. There was never a human man with a more perfectly sculpted body and a ruggedly straight jaw. I enjoyed the way the muscles in his cheek twitched when he clenched his teeth in frustration. I wasn't giving him what he wanted and he didn't know what to say in response. 

Now, I was the one torturing him. 

I didn't know what I was thinking to defy him out of childish spite. I rolled over onto my side even though my flesh still burned with every movement. The pain had dimmed with the application of Alix's lupine herbs but it reemerged when my raw skin scraped against the rough unforgiving hides that covered our bed.

"You wouldn't drag me back out there in my current state with all your men staring at my quivering naked body. It would hurt your pride, dear Alpha."

"Perhaps," Alix chuckled and joined me on the bed. He threw one of his heavy muscular legs over mine and now our bodies were uncomfortably close. His bulging loins were pressing up against my thigh. Alix's fingers found their way to the swell of my hip and his eyes left their place on the mound between my legs and fixated on my furrowed brows. "It is nothing new to see a Luna paraded before a group of hungry wolves before she is claimed by the Alpha. Did you know that in the past, a Luna was chosen among the she-wolves of the pack through a series of trials?"

"Why do such a thing except for the entertainment of your soldiers?"

"It was because, in the third part of the trials, they would tie the poor girl up with silver. They would weave it around her body like a spider's web. They did this until the girl begged for mercy. Most of the time, the position of being Luna was so coveted she would twist and moan deep into the night until morning, when not a shred of her skin was untouched by metal fire."

"And girls actually made it through this?"

"Yes, werewolves experience pain with silver but we heal quickly as you have already seen," Alix chuckled. "That was how Zurui picked his mate. Because, you see, to take an Alpha to bed, would require a woman who can endure quite a lot."

I felt disgusted by Alix's story but at the same time, I wonder if that was why he hadn't forced me to bed him since he regained his wolfish form. He didn't want to hurt me. He harm me with his mocking words but he hesitated to split me in two with the full force of his passion.

"I don't believe that you are so fearsome," I spat my words out between clenched teeth. "If you are truly such a monster then go ahead, show me."

Alix laughed and slipped his fingers between my legs again. I bit my tongue so as not to moan in pleasure. His fingers were hot with his lupine blood and they seemed to radiate ecstasy everywhere they went. He penetrated me and just as I was about to loosen my knees for him to enter further he stopped. He smirked and teased my opening, stroking circles of achingly ruthless joy with his thumb. He didn't go any further.

"There was a girl at the lake, her name was Geriel. I believe she would have lasted longer than most if you held a competition for the role of your Luna."

"That is unfortunate because I have already chosen my mate," Alix murmured as he held me up against his chest. He smelled of hard masculine musk, fresh dirt, and trampled grass. I laid my cheek against his torso and rested against his hard, unforgiving body.

"I believe she would eagerly take you to bed, dear Alpha. Perhaps she can endure what a human woman cannot."

"But you are not human, Selene. You are a fox demon," Alix replied with a laugh. "My fox demon. Every inch of your wicked, lustful body, mine."