Prologue- Blue Jeweled Eyes

In her makeshift bed in the barn, she would watch the stary night sky and the shining moon. She would wonder if her daughter was gazing upon them as well. And she would start crying again. Her heart would ache, her tears would fall and she would always wonder why.

_

_____________

"One more push, my lady! Just one more and all would be over." The midwife told her as the platinum blonde woman let out a scream while grabbing the silken shits beneath her. Her hair was messy, her eyes were teary and tired as beads of sweat were soflty falling down her forehead. With her yell came her strongest push and then silence.

A small cry was heard as the midwife was quick to cut the cord that tied the baby to their mother. She was quick to wrap the newborn in towels. "It's a girl." The midwife whispered and Diana couldn't help the smile on her lips as her breath slowed down. She then looked up wondering why the midwife wouldn't bring her child to her, but then she realized that all the maids was staring at her with confused expressions. Why? Have they not seen a pregnant woman before? Or... right.

They were confused to why she was not dead. Diana knew she should've died, but it seemed that wasn't the case. She was fine. She felt fine. She didn't know either. She would worry about it later. Right now, she wanted to see her little girl.

"May I hold her? Please?" She looked at the midwife who reluctantly came closer to her and softly placed the babe in the new mother's expecting arms. The moment she felt her warmth, Diana started crying soundlessly. She was so beautiful, so small. And when she opened her eyes, a pang of join and sadness formed in her chest. Blue jeweled eyes stared back at her. His eyes. If only he could be there to see this. She was alive and well and now they had a daughter. Now they could be a family... but he wasn't. Since that fight, he hasn't come to see her. And it broke her heart. But she also understood why. So she never blamed him for her loneliness. But now, she wasn't lonely anymore.

The small bundle looked at her mother and let out a small giggle. She needed a name.

"Athanasia. 'The Undying' Athanasia. That's what her name is going to be. And she'll be a kind and beautiful child, loved by all." Diana smiled and soflty cradled her daughter kissing her small forehead. But then it happened. 

The midwife quickly took her daughter away and before she could say anything she felt something pierce her skin. Her vision started to blur, the world started spinning and her body became numb. She could only watch the midwife walk away with her child.

"The Emperor thanks you for your service, my lady." She smirked and then darkness took her.

 _____________

That was the last time she saw her precious Athanasia. 

_____________

Death. It will take her soon.

That's what Diana thought when they took her out of her cell to be brought before their so called justice. They accused her of stealing so she could escape.. a lie. They just needed a reason to kill her. They had it now. Fourteen years. For fourteen years she had been treated worse than a maid. Worse than perhaps even a slave. They would abuse her, beat her, assaulted her and many more. And she couldn't do anything.

The last thing she remembered was that she gave birth to her beautiful girl whom she named Athanasia and then nothing. When she woke up she wasn't in the Ruby Palace anymore. She was in a strange place with strange people... people who despised her for a reason she never understood. Many workers said it was jelousy. The Burigan Family was a very rich and vain family. They thought themselves the highest of the nobels, especially the ladies with their beauty and skills. But Diana was beyond beautiful. She was a goddess compared to them. Very modest, but very elegant. And also very skilled in dancing for she was a dancer. They didn't liked that. So they decided to fix that.. every day for fourteen years.

When the big doors of the throne room opened, Diana knew she wouldn't be able to outshine them anymore. 

She was thrown on the ground forcefully in front of the Emperor. She didn't had the power to raise her head. She was dirty and bloody with bruises everywhere and whip slashes on her back expose by the torns it left on her ripped grey dress she was wearing. Her hands were tied tightly behind her, the rope digging into her skin and her palms were rough and blistered from all the work she had to do. Her feet were also bound. They were also blistered and burned. Every day. That's how they took her ability to dance. It was so bad that she couldn't even walk properly, but she would endure for fear her masters would cause her even more harm. And because of that at the end of every day, her ragged shoes would be bloody from her injured feet. 

But Diana would wash them and bandage herself and go through the same treatment again and again. She was very thin and week. They starved her and denied her water. She had to search for leftovers and drink water from where the animals drank. Sometimes she would starve herself to save food, but fourteen years added up made her very week and sickly. Her hair was longer that the last she had been in the Garnet Palace. It was still the same color, like the sun but it was dirty and tangled. Her eyes, her sunset eyes were dull and red from all her crying and held her pain and sorrow. They were shedding tears even now. But not for her. She would gladly die. It would free her from her torment.

But they wept for they haven't been able to see her. Her angel. Athanasia. She was the reason Diana endured so many years where she could just end life herself. She had clung on the hope that one day she will escape and come see her daughter even if it was only once. Even of it was from afar. Was she safe? Was she happy? Was she getting along with her asshole of a father? How did she look like? The wish to take a glimpse of her was what kept her alive and warm during all the years she would curl in a ball in her makeshift bed in the barn and clench her teeth throughout all. But here she was. Already dead for she knew the Emperor will sentence her to death. Without being able to see her precious daughter only once. I mean, who would listen to the please of a lowly slave... definitely not him. So all she could do was weep in silence.

"Your Majesty!" Diana heard the Count start. "This wench had the audacity to steal from my beloved wife the heirloom jewelry and run away with them! We did what the law required of us and brought her before your Majesty. We beg you, please, offer us your fair judgment and give this insolent woman the punishment she deserves!" The man finished bowing lowly before the Emperor along with his family. The only ones present were them, the Emperor and who seemed to be Sir Felix. 

Lies. All lies. But he was a Count. No one would question his word over a slave's word. And even if, the moment the Emperor would recognize her, he would definitely kill her. Wasn't he the one who sold her to these people in the first place? So Diana sat quietly, in her horrible state, tears falling down as she waited for her sentence. Maybe on her way to death, her wish may be fulfilled. Maybe she'll see her even for a second... maybe..

She mustered the power to raise her eyes a bit... and she was met with the same jeweled blue eyes that had haunted her dreams for fourteen years.

____________

A/N : Hey guys! So I had this idea for a while so I said why not write it. Seems fun and it's something I haven't exactly seen. This story is also posted on Ao3 (my @ is EmmaMoon. I have some first there as well so go check them out and see if you are interested in those). Hope you like it and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Also, sorry for the grammar errors.

Byeeee~