Chapter 8

Third person's POV

"What are you doing here, Camille?" Donatello asked,his eyes still focused on his laptop screen. He didn't want to get sidetracked. He had work to do.

"How could you do this to us?" she yelled, clearly upset. He finally looked up at her, meeting her gaze.

"You didn't seem all that interested in getting married, so what does it matter?" Donatello asked. He was trying to stay calm, his temper was starting to rise.

"Damn it!" she yelled, clearly frustrated. "You're an ass! You ruined everything!"

"It'd be a shame if something happened to that pretty face of yours," He said, his voice low and threatening. "I wouldn't want to ruin my brand new carpet." Donatello gestured to the blood-red carpet beneath us.

"You'll regret this!" She stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Donatello ran his fingers through my hair. He picked up his phone and dialed a number. "The next time you let that woman in here, you're fired," he growled.

"Yes, sir," the trembling voice on the other end of the line replied.

"What's going on, bro?" Virgilio sauntered in and made himself comfortable on the couch.

"I saw Camille on my way here, and she looked pretty pissed," he said.

"The wedding's not going forward," Donatello replied, leaning back in his chair. He didn't want to have this conversation again.

"Wow, that's quite the turn of events. Does he know?" Virgilio arched a brow, clearly curious.

Donatello frowned. "It's not up to him to tell me what to do anymore. It's my life, and I'll do what I want."

"Whatever are your reasons for calling it off, I'm one hundred percent behind you," Virgilio said. "I never liked that spoiled brat, anyway. She so annoying."

Donatello stood up and walked over to the wine cabinet. "The feeling is mutual," he said, pulling out a bottle of Tequila Ley and two wine glasses.

He poured a generous amount of tequila into the glasses and handed one to Virgilio.

"Here's to living your own life, on your own terms," he said, raising his glass. Virgilio clinked his glass against Donatello's and took a long sip.

Donatello took a sip as well, savoring the burn as the tequila went down. He leaned against the counter, swirling the amber liquid in his glass.

"Alejo only wanted to merge empires for his own selfish reasons. It was pretty obvious," Donatello said, taking another sip from his glass. "He was dumber than I thought. I can't have such people in the Mafia."

"I see your point," Virgilio said, nodding. "He always has something up his sleeve. It'd be best if the old man doesn't try anything stupid."

"Diego will be keeping an eye on him," Donatello said, placing his wine glass on his desk and checking his watch. He sighed, thinking about the rest of his day. It was only 11:45, but he felt exhausted. He had a long day ahead of him.

His phone started buzzing, and Donatello reached into his breast pocket to pull it out. He glanced at the screen and his expression darkened. He was clearly reading something upsetting.

"What's wrong?" Virgilio asked, concerned.

Donatello, still staring at the screen, handed the phone to him without a word.

Virgilio's eyes widened as he read the message. "Holy shit!" he said. "I think he knows."

Donatello's hatred for his father ran deep. Even before he'd learned about Honey's tragic past, he'd resented his father for being a heartless, selfish man.

He clenched his fists, his rage threatening to bubble over. He hated thinking about everything Honey had been through, losing the only people who had ever cared about her.

"Hey, brother, calm down," Virgilio said, seeing the angry expression on his face. He knew that Donatello was prone to bouts of anger, and he didn't want anything to get broken.

"Take a deep breath," he said, taking one himself. "We can figure this out. Just relax and let's talk about it."

Donatello closed his eyes, trying to force himself to calm down. "You're right," he said, his voice shaking slightly. He could keep calm for now.

*****

Honey's POV

"Finally decided to wake up, huh?" I said, guiding a spoonful of chow mein to my mouth. I felt the weight of the seat beside me dip as Maisie scooted closer.

"Oh man, I feel awful," she moaned. "I need a bacon cheeseburger, pronto."

"I ordered you the cheeseburger soup. It'll help your hangover," I told her.

"I'm so sorry about last night," she apologized.

"It's no big deal. I'm just glad you made it home safely," I said with a smile.

Maisie's eyes widened, and she started to pepper me with questions. "Wait, how did you get back home? Did you meet someone? Were they nice to you? Did you...?"

I cut her off before she could continue. "I didn't do anything, and Donatello was the one who brought me home."

"Wow, I didn't see that coming," Maisie said, looking genuinely surprised. "But how did?....Is he stalking you?"

"I thought so at first, but no," I replied. "He literally owns the club."

"No kidding? I had no idea!" Maisie exclaimed.

I took a sip of water and nodded in agreement. "Now you do."

*****

Unknown's POV

"Are we attending the ball tonight?" Butch, my right-hand man, asked. "The Navarros will be there."

I clenched my fists in anger. "The mafias from all over the world will be there, so of course we're going," I said. "There'll be a bloodbath tonight. The Navarros asked for it, and I'm going to make sure they get what they deserve. With the Alejos on our side, we can't lose," I stood up turning my bck at him.

"The Alejos can't be trusted," Butch said. "Are you sure you're okay with what you're about to do? You know how risky it could get."

I turned to face him. "Yes, the Alejos may not be trustworthy, but if everything goes according to plan, I'm willing to take the risk," I replied. "I won't stop until I'm done with the Navarros."

"It won't be easy dealing with the Navarros," Butch said. "They're powerful, and we don't have enough allies on our side."

"I have a plan, and it's worth the risk," I replied.

Butch raised an eyebrow. "You're really going to take this risk? You know it could backfire."

I gave him a hard look. "I'm not going to let the Navarros get away with what they've done. It's time to end this."

"I hope you prove him wrong this time," Butch said and I frowned.