Chapter 11

Honey's POV

I flinched as he pulled me closer, his arm snaking around my waist. I could feel my heart beating faster, and my palms began to sweat.

"Donatello..." I heard someone say, and he immediately tightened his grip on me.

"Enzo," he replied, his voice full of loathing.

I could sense the tension between the two men, but I had no idea what their history was. All I knew was that I felt trapped, like a pawn in a game that I didn't want to play.

"I see you've got yourself a new doll," Enzo said, a smirk playing on his lips. "I guess Camille wasn't good enough for you."

I bristled at his words, my anger rising within me. I was not a doll to be played with, and I hated the fact that I was being treated like one.

"Don't you dare say her name in front of me again," Donatello snarled, his grip on me tightening. "Or I swear I'll knock your teeth down your your fucking throat!"

"Okay, okay, I'm going." He backed away and I could sense his eyes were still fixed on me. "I'll be seeing you around, doll."

"Can I get a drink? I'm a bit thirsty," I said to him, trying to break the tension.

"Sure," he replied, his tone softening slightly.

It was surprising that he agreed so easily, considering how angry he had been just a moment ago.

He handed me a glass of wine. I took a long sip, trying to calm my nerves.

"Thanks," I said, handing the glass back to him.

I felt a lot better now. The drama had made me so dehydrated.

"Brother Father's asking for you," I heard an all too familiar voice say.

"I'll be right back," Donatello said to me.

They were saying something in Spanish and I couldn't understand what they were saying, so I just stood there awkwardly. It was like I was a lost puppy, trying to follow along.

Donatello said another thing in Spanish before leaving us.

"Shall I introduce you to my friends?" Dita asked me.

"Sure," I replied, feeling awkward and out of place. I followed her through the crowd, wondering where she was taking me.

We arrived at a group of people, all dressed in fancy clothes and laughing together. I felt completely out of my element.

*****

Donatello's POV

"You made quite the entrance, son," my father said, sipping from his glass of wine.

"Say what you have to say, old man," I replied, my tone more blunt than I had intended.

My father's expression changed, his eyes narrowing. "I will not tolerate disrespect in front of my enemies, Donatello. Watch your tone with me. I am still your father," he snapped.

"Why don't we all chill and talk?" Virgillio suggested, attempting to smooth things over. "The enemy has just entered with his bimbo, so we must be on our guard. Anything can happen."

"Virgilio is right, father," I said, plastering a fake smile on my face. "We have more important things to do."

"The Irish mob is plotting something. I've been watching Pierce since he walked in, and he's got his men positioned at the entrance. That snake has something up his sleeve. We need to be ready for anything," Virgillio continued. "The Irish mob is ruthless and cunning. They won't hesitate to strike if they see an opening."

"We need to keep our guard up," I said, my mind racing as I tried to come up with a plan. "If they're planning something, we need to be prepared. There will be bloodbath tonight. If they want war, we'll give them war," I said, my gaze shifting towards Amor. I needed to get her to safety as soon as possible. "Stay alert," I said to Virgillio, before walking briskly towards the table where Amor and Dita were sitting with her friends.

"We have to go, now!" I pulled Amor to her feet.

"What's going on?" she asked, clearly confused.

Okay, here's my edit:

"I need to get you to safety," I said, pulling out my Colt 1911 and getting ready to shoot anyone who got in my way.

Before I knew it, bullets were flying through the air, and Amor was cowering behind me. She was terrified.

"What the hell is happening?!" she screamed, her voice cracking.

"It's nothing you need to worry about," I replied, trying to reassure her.

"The fuck?! You got me into this mess!" she yelled, her anger palpable.

I ignored her protests and pulled her under a table as Butch, Pierce's right-hand man, started shooting at us.

"Promise me you won't leave this spot," I said firmly. "That's the only way I can guarantee your safety."

"Sure, it's not like I could find my way around here, or maybe run for my dear life," she replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Listen, Amor, this is not the time for jokes. I need you to stay put. Promise me," I said, firing back at Butch. I hit him in the arm and he screamed in pain, before running away like a coward.

"You fucking piece of crap!" I yelled after him, my blood boiling. I needed to keep Amor safe, no matter what.

I shot down six more people who were aiming at Amor, but then I felt a sharp sting as a bullet grazed my skin. I turned towards the direction it had come from, and there was Pierce, his face twisted in a smug smirk.

"I'm quite disappointed your bullet only grazed my skin," I said. "You should do better."

"Believe me, I'll do worse," Pierce said, his voice filled with rage. "You think you're untouchable, but you're not. You're going to pay for what you've done."

"I'd love to see you try," I said, raising my own gun and taking aim. I fired, but Pierce somehow managed to dodge the bullet. He wouldn't be so lucky next time.

"She's your weakness," he said, a smug smile on his face. "The ruthless Donatello has a weakness. The innocent girl doesn't know what you do, does she? You shouldn't have dragged her into your world."

He was taunting me, and it was clear he thought he had the upper hand. But I wasn't about to let him.

The fact that he knew about Amor made me want to end him right then and there. I could have easily put a bullet between his eyes, but I had to keep my cool. If I lost control, everything would fall apart.

I was worried about Amor. Even though she was still wearing the mask, her life was at stake. I knew I had to do everything in my power to protect her, even if it meant keeping her against her will. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

"You wouldn't dare cross me, Walsh, not if you value your life," I said, my voice cold and firm. I aimed my gun at him and fired, hitting his hand and causing him to drop his gun.

"It isn't over yet, Donatello," he said, bitterness dripping from his voice as he pronounced my name.

"Run, coward!" I yelled, shooting at him again, but he had already escaped. "Lucky bastard!"

I was seething with rage. I would find him, and when I did, I'll end him.