Chapter 10

Third person's POV

"Woof! Woof!" Zeus barked continuously at the shadowy figure standing in front of the patio door.

"I'll get it," Honey said. "Hey, calm down, boy." She patted him on the head and made her way to the front door.

"You shouldn't just open the door for anyone, Amor," Donatello said, his voice tinged with amusement. "What if it was a serial killer?"

"What are you doing here?" Honey asked, ignoring his question. A chill ran down her spine as the night breeze blew through her hair.

"I came to get you," Donatello said, brushing past her and letting himself in.

Honey was taken aback. "What?! Why?" she asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"You owe me a favor," Donatello said, his eyes scanning the living room. "For saving you that night."

"I don't owe you anything," Honey said, frowning. "And I never asked for your help, Mr. Nice Guy. You shouldn't go meddling in other people's business - it's rude, you know. I was going to deal with it myself if you hadn't shown up."

"Of course, Amor," Donatello smirked. "You had it all figured out."

"Honey," Maisie said, trailing off as she noticed Donatello standing in the living room. "Oh! Mr. Donatello, what brings you to our house?"

"Your pretty friend here owes me a favor," Donatello said, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"No I don't!" Honey snapped, clearly annoyed.

"Oh, come on, Amor," Donatello smirked. He was clearly enjoying the scene he'd created. "Ms. Sparrow, you could help me get her dressed up." He handed Maisie the shopping bag he'd been holding.

"Sure," Maisie said, quickly grabbing Honey's arm and dragging her up the stairs.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Honey whined. "I can't believe you believed all that nonsense he said!" She yelled as Maisie closed the door behind them.

Maisie rolled her eyes. "Of course I didn't. I know Donatello Navarro all too well - he's quite the devious one. He always gets what he wants, and there's no stopping him once he sets his sights on something." She sighed. "And you, my dear friend, have caught the devil's eye."

"You're not helping," Honey said, crossing her arms. "I don't want to go to this stupid ball."

"Oh, stop being so dramatic," Maisie said, sitting down next to her. "You're going, and you're going to look fabulous. I'll make sure of it," she continued. "Let's face it. You can't escape this. Donatello Navarro doesn't take no for an answer," Maisie said. "So, we're just going to have to play along with whatever show he's put on. I'm afraid I can't do anything about it." She pulled Honey's hair into a tight bun. "Now, let's see what we've got here." She pulled out a pair of nude stiletto heels. "Wow!"

"Wow, what?" Honey asked.

"He got you a pair of nude stiletto heels," Maisie said. "They're so beautiful, and they're even your size. How on earth does he know your shoe size?"

Honey shook her head. "I have no idea. That man is impossible.

"Of course!" Maisie exclaimed, pulling out a red strapless ball gown. "Kill me!" She held it up. "This is freaking beautiful! Let's try it on, now!"

She helped Honey to her feet.

"I have no idea what's going on or why the heck he keeps showing up in my life. I don't want to get involved with a man like him," Honey said.

"You know, sometimes in life you just have to say 'fuck it' and have a little fun," Maisie said, a twinkle in her eye. "It won't kill you to have a little bit of fun."