Chapter 2

Gon was too tired to drive home safely, so instead he was permitted to sleep on one of those comfortable couches in the back. When he woke back up again it was a few hours later and he did he yawned a little as he sat up. "Man, that felt good" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He glanced up, then jumped. "Ah!" Mr. Zoldyck was sitting about 10 feet away, just staring at him. He felt...kind of creeped out. Mr. Zoldyck frowned slightly. "Freeces...didn't you say you slept last night?" He blinked. "Uhh...yeah?" His frown deepened a little, eyes sparkling with slight concern. "It's 5:00" His eyes widened with shock. "W-What?" He grabbed his phone, then quickly checked the time. 4:58. Gon gasped, then leapt to his feet. "Ah! I never told Kurapika I was staying late! Oh my god he must be so worried" He fretted. Mr. Zoldyck looked confused so as he slipped his shoes on he explained. "My roommate, kinda acts like my mom sometimes. Anyways I gotta go! You said tomorrow right?" He nodded, then Gon smiled over his shoulder as he walked out the door. "See ya tomorrow then! I can't wait to start working for you!"

It was about 5:30 by the time he got back home, and when he did he paused outside the door with a gulp. Here it goes... he opened the door, then was immediately grabbed and yanked inside. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!" Kurapika shouted. Gon flinched. "K-Kurapika hear me out! I'm sorry I-" He saw the worry in his eyes, and gave Kurapika a hug. Kurapika let out a slight growl. "I called you three times. I was worried." he rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry. But you won't believe who I met today" he said the last part with a slight smile. Kurapika blinked, then frowned slightly. "Who?" He shuffled his feet a little. "Silva Zoldyck..." Kurapika's jaw dropped, then he froze. "Wait. Gon...where did you apply?" He rubbed the back of his head. "Zold fits, as a cashier or backworker" Kurapika groaned, then facepalmed. "Gon, you know they don't just hire random people. Especially with how late you were. You should start looking for your next job tomorrow-" Gon looked down. "Kurapika, I got the job"

His eyes widened in surprise, looking Gon in the eye as if to make sure he wasn't lying or trying to pull his leg. He smiled shyly. "I..I ran out of gas on the way, ended up being 15 minutes late. When I got there Mr. Zoldyck was talking to the manager that was supposed to be interviewing me. She was...really rude and stuff" He rubbed the back of his head, Kurapika listened quietly. "I felt so exhausted, but I kinda already knew that I'd messed up. But then he dismissed that woman and said he'd take over my interview. He was actually pretty kind, he saw how desperate I was for the job and hired me as a janitor for now. It wasn't what I applied for but it's a job. I start tomorrow" Kurapika smiled a little, then ruffled his hair. "I'm happy for you" He let out a relived sigh. Then, Kurapika crossed his arms. "But that doesn't explain why you were so late getting back" Gon winced slightly. "Well... Mr. Zoldyck could tell how exhausted I was and gave me permission to sleep on one of the couches in the back until I could drive myself home safely"

He frowned slightly. "I...I woke up around 5:00. I don't understand why I was so tired, I went to bed early and woke up late" Kurapika frowned slightly. "You slept...nearly 6 hours?" He nodded, then slipped off his tie and shifted his shirt to make it a little more comfortable. Suddenly Kurapika paused, eyes narrowing slightly. "Gon" he said slowly. Gon blinked, then glanced up. "Yeah?" Why does he look...concerned? He placed a finger on Gon's neck, Gon was confused. "What's this?" He blinked, then frowned a little. "What's...what?" Kurapika thought for a moment. "Go look in a mirror" Gon started walking to the bathroom, confused. I don't understand, why did he look so worried? When he got to the bathroom he pulled his collar down a little and looked in the mirror. Gon froze. T-That... It was a bite mark. Gon's heart hammered in his chest as The encounter he thought he'd imagined flashed through his head. The sensation, the face, his voice that he'd only heard once. He pulled down his collar a little more, if he remembered correctly the beautiful albino had pulled down his collar and bit somewhere low on his neck near his shoulder but not quite on it- Gon's finger traced a small series of marks that were slightly bruised at the edges, just above his shoulder. Right, where he thought it was.

It wasn't a dream... but, it didn't make any sense. Who just...walks up to someone and bites them? "Gon? Do you see it?" He quickly yanked his collar up as Kurapika turned the corner. W-What do I say? He frowned slightly as he looked at the smaller mark, the others honestly looked a lot worse. "When did I even get it?" Kurapika's eyebrows furrowed a little. "You don't...remember? Not anything?" He glanced at him. "N-No?" He paused, lips parting slightly as he looked Gon in the eye. "Your lying" Gon shifted slightly, then looked down. Please don't ask why! I can't lie to save my life! Suddenly Kurapika smirked. "Gon, is that from a new boyfriend or girlfriend?" He flushed. I- wh- w-wait, this might actually be a good thing. He looked away. "N-No!" Kurapika gave him a skeptical look and he blushed some more. It wasn't because of that though. When Kurapika had asked if it was from a new lover, and that male's face flashed through his mind... Gon smacked himself to clear his head, then shoved Kurapika out of the bathroom as he chuckled. "S-Stop it! You've got the wrong idea!" he locked the door, then stuck his tongue out even though he knew Kurapika couldn't see. "Sure, whatever you say Gon"

10 minutes later he finished taking a shower, then wrapped himself in a towel. He hesitated right as he was about to leave, then slung his dirty clothes over his shoulder to hide the majority of the marks. I wonder...if he'll be there again tonight. He quickly changed his clothes, choosing a turtleneck deliberately to hide the marks. When he exited the room, Kurapika was standing directly outside with a slight smirk. "So, what's his naaame?" Gon flushed. "H-How'd y-" He blushed even more and snapped his mouth shut, but he'd already said too much. Kurapika grinned. "So it is a boy. When can I meet him?" Gon scowled. "Oh you shut up. Go hang out with your own boyfriend" Not that he has one, but surely it'll make him flustered- Kurapika's eyes widened in shock. "W-Wait. How...how'd you know about that?" Gon blinked, then gasped. "Wait, you are dating someone? I was just joking and hoping you had a crush to get revenge."

Kurapika blushed a little and Gon snickered, then looked up at him as he batted his eyelashes slightly. "So, what's his naaame?" Gon said, copying exactly how Kurapika had said it about 30 seconds earlier. He sighed, then rolled his eyes. "Leorio, you wouldn't know him." Gon made an ooh noise, then glanced out the window. Kurapika chuckled. "Thinking about your new boyfriend?" Gon blushed a little, then huffed. "No" he is not my b-boyfriend. But... he was so beautiful... Those perfectly curled fluffy white locks, dazzling sapphire eyes, porcelain skin, his elegant voice, the way his lips curled slightly downwards when- Gon was tapped on the shoulder and he blinked, then snapped out of it. Kurapika smirked. "You sure about that? Because your blushing pretty hard." Gon blushed even more, his face a bright vibrant scarlet now. D-Damn it! I've only ever seen him once! "Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen you blush that hard. Not even when you were around your other girlfriends or boyfriends" He said, blinking in slight surprise. Gon huffed and shoved passed him, then shot him an indignant look over his shoulder. "I'll be back. goodbye" Then he closed the door.

Gon went back out into the forest, then searched for about 20 minutes. His feet started to hurt, but luckily he'd brought his phone for something to do. He felt kind of...disappointed. Gon sat down near the edge of a stream, then slipped out his phone and started playing a game called The Hunter Exam. It was a bunch of assorted tests that changed each 'Year', each game was a year. The events changed each year, he'd yet to pass one yet. The furthest he'd gotten was to the fourth phase, most of them had five or six phases. He was on his 20th, about halfway through the first phase. It was just a run, but he had to jump over obstacles and stuff. He gritted his teeth a little, tilting his phone slightly as he tapped harder. "C'mon 405!" That was his avatar name, the number was randomized each time. He always gave himself an avatar that looked like him, he'd managed to find a hairstyle that looked kind of like his real one. That was very difficult to find in games, or any sort of character creator app due to its unique gravity defying properties. He grinned as he made it to the end of the phase, shifting forward a little. "Yes!"

1603 words