Chapter 3

Newt's POV:
I wander around the Glade a bit before going to relax on my hammock. A while later the runners (Thomas and Minho) return to the Glade. "Hey Newt!" I hear Thomas shout as he jogs over to me. "Hey Tommy." "What's up?" He asks. "Ah, nothing." I lie. "Tell me." he says playfully punching my shoulder. "Alright. Well I don't think Ellie likes me." I sigh. Just then Ellie walks past us and takes Gally somewhere. "Ohh..." Thomas says looking at Ellie and Gally walking away together. "Their going to her room!" Thomas shouts and I quickly cover his mouth with my hand. "Shut it." I whisper. Thomas stared at her door for a second then he turns back to me. "What so you like her as more than a friend?" He finally asks. "Oh no, no. I like her but it doesn't feel like that way, but I just think she doesn't even like me as a friend." I explain. "Ah. Well do you want me to talk to her about it or..." "NO! No. It's ok. I mean she might get the wrong idea..." "And then you wouldn't want to hurt her." he says. "Exactly." I sigh.

We sit in silence for a minute. "Well, did you want to tell me something?" I ask. "Actually yes. Well I do like Ellie, as in like like." he covers his face. "Uhh." "What? What? What is it?" He asks looking up at me. "Well Its pretty obvious." Thomas stares at me. "It is?" "Yeah. Well not to her but to everyone else..." "Oh gosh..." he whispers, covering his face again. "Good news is that I think she likes you too." "She does?" He says looking up again. "I said I think Tommy, don't do anything stupid." Thomas stands up. "Tommy!" I shout as he runs away.

-Meanwhile-

Ellie's POV:
I stand up and walk over to the homestead to find Gally. Instead I find him by the hammocks. "Hey Gally can I talk to you in private for a moment?" "Err...sure." he stammers as I grab his hand and lead him to my room. I look back and see Newt and Thomas staring at me.

I walk into my room with Gally and tell him to sit. I sit down next to him. "So what did u want to talk to me about?" "Well I need to tell Newt something but I don't know how and I thought maybe you could help me." "Well what is it Ellie?" "Newt's my brother." he stares at me for a moment in confusion. "How do you know?" "I remember everything. I'm sorry Gally. Me and Thomas watched them send you all up one by one but there was nothing we could do. We couldn't control anything that happened here, we just had to watch. They were experimenting on all of us, they done these kind of tests on us and then they locked us up in a chamber full of water and..." I start crying. "I'm so sorry." I choke out as Gally pulls me into a hug. "It's ok, it's not important what happened then but thank you for telling me." he says as he gives me a kiss on my cheek. He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Now I have some good news to tell you. You see your friend Thomas..."

Just then Thomas walks in. "Maybe this shank should tell you himself." He smiles. He gives me one last hug and then leaves. I still have tears running down my face so I quickly wipe them away. He takes a step towards me. "Sit down Thomas." I say patting a space next to me and he still doesn't look at me. "What's wrong Thomas?" I ask, putting my hand back down. I realise my hand is on top of his but he doesn't move it and neither do I. Infact he holds onto my hand and takes a deep breath.

"Ellieilikeyoubutasmorethanafriendanditsokifyoudontlikemeitsjustthatiwantedyoutoknowbecauseivebeenthinkingaboutittoomuchanditsokifyoudontlikeme." he says it so fast that I only got the words 'Ellie' 'don't like me' and 'you to know' I look at him for a second and I must look pretty confused or angry to him because then he says "I'm sorry!" "Wait, what? I didn't even catch what you said properly." he sighs and covers his face. "Ellie I love you." he mumbles into his hands.