Prologue

Prologue; honeymoonin'
June 24. 2020
{BEYONCÉ}
=

"The nation's biggest superstar officially becomes a part of the LGBTQ community...from ally to member. Stay tuned to get the inside scoop on Beyoncé's new boo!"

"What are your summer plans? Beyoncé was tying the knot with her school fling, Y/n Y/ln!"

"Maybe my invitation got lost in the mail like that Ivy Park box! Either way, I'm sure the wedding was beautiful to witness, congratulations to the new lovebirds making the best out of a worldly tragedy."

"Beyoncé and Y/n..."

"Y/n and Beyoncé..."

"The newest, hottest couple Y/n and Beyoncé-"

"I figured, baby" My wife emerged from the bathroom. The reason for her bed departure coated a foamy residue around parts of her mouth and placed an electric toothbrush in her dominant hand. "The point of going halfway around the world was to disconnect from the parts obsessed with our every move, so we could intimately cherish the biggest one we've made yet"

"Correct you are."

"So what are you doing?" The inquisition fell from her lips in a tone laced with disapproval. She was referring to every device I owned powered on and surrounding me in a curved shape. One in particular which I mainly used for business matters propped perfectly in view with emails I needed to go over. In either of my palms, my personal phone rang Blue's contact, and a remote carelessly used to surf channels for background noise.

"I was...you know" an excuse that I didn't have delayed my answer causing Y/n to click her tongue with the roof of her mouth. She dipped back into the bathroom in a flash, cleaning up her morning routine.

"Being a workaholic, worrying about the kids, and polluting the room with all that daytime TV talk shit. The only person I want to hear say my name right now is you. Breathy. And husky." Adjectives describing my usual lovemaking sounds left her mouth right before it met with mine, deliberately slow. Three times we filled the air with delightful smacks, and each time the noise sent a quivering throb through my core.

"Ewww." Came a chorused reply of disgust. "Bugaboo, I explained this before. Limit the love show, please!"

Y/n grumbled a quiet curse only audible for me to hear, then she mugged the phone, contrasting a smiling Blue, Rumi, and inattentive Sir.

"What do you want Rugrats, you're ruining our we time."

"Mommy called me!" Blue outed, Y/n slanted her pupils in my direction.

"I was just checking on them!" I argued.

"They're all alive and well, Celestine has never failed. Goodbye-" she tapped at the screen once bringing up the call options, the red end button being her initial target.

"No no, wait!" Blue obstructed her hang up with a strangled cry, my motherly instinct smacked my wife's hand away to tend to her issue as best I could.

"What is it, my babies?"

"Me, Ru, and Sir wanted to know if we could come hang with you guys?" The smile they each stretched to beseech their invite successfully persuaded me, but not their usual ringleader of mischief.