Chapter 1

Nova took the leash off of her dog. It took off running towards the group of birds congregated farther up the field. The wind kept trying to blow her away.

"It's so cold..." Nova chattered. She held onto the leash and her phone as it played music.

"Why does it have to be this windy?" She asked herself while pulling her hair away from her face. She kept walking around the outer part of the field.

Let's imagine the field as a track. Nova is currently walking on the longest lane on the track, which is the outer one. Around the track is a bunch of trees. There are things past the trees. So, let's look at this from the entrance.

On the right, there's a pond where you can fish or skip stones.

On the left, there's a neighborhood, which is not allowed on the field, because the field is only for the people in Nova's neighborhood. But they keep coming here anyway.

Looking forward, there's a railroad. A train does pass by about once a month.

While Nova would walk, her dog would be sniffing things and run after Nova when she got far. Just before Nova left the field, she called for her dog to come, so she could put the leash back on it. When it arrived, she saw that the dog was holding something. A key connected to a key chain.

"Drop it" she commanded her dog. It dropped the key. Now, Nova was able to get a good look at it. It was a black button key. She picked it up, examining it.

"Someone from the other neighborhood must have dropped it. Well, it's mine now. Time to go see my Other Mother" Nova said before chuckling. She put the leash on her dog before heading home. After she made her way inside and took off her hoodie and sneakers, she looked at the key one more time.

"I'll just stick it on my backpack. Mom won't care."

After the many attempts it took Nova to put the key chain on her zipper, she went upstairs to her room and turned on her Nintendo Switch, playing Miitopia.

(Later that day)

Nova's parents were home from work. Everyone had finished eating dinner and dessert. Now, it's bedtime for Nova. She has to go to school in the morning.

"I wonder how long it'll take for my friends to notice the key. Probably too long since my backpack is black" Nova whispered to herself before yawning.

She set her alarm, got into her PJs, turned off the lights, plugged her phone into its charger, took off her glasses, and bundled herself up in her many blankets.

It took a while but Nova finally fell asleep. Time passed and she heard an alarm go off. No, not alarm. It was more like someone ringing a bell.

Was that her dad's phone alarm going off? Nova can't even remember what her dad's ringtone was anymore. Was it her phone? No, it's always on silent.

Nova gave up trying to guess what the bell was from and decided to wake up and find out. She opened her eyes to see a bright light shining on her.

Is this... Heaven? No, we're still in a room. Wait, where are the blankets? And pillows? Wait, where's the bed??

"Where... am I?"

Nova got off the... floor... she was on. It's morning time, clearly. But she's not in her home. Nova began to check her surroundings. This place is so fancy... Almost like she's in a castle.

"There's a mirror in the corner..."

Nova ran to the mirror to check herself for any injuries she may have received while being taken to this place.

And that's when she saw...