two

"Kenzie we are here." I felt Someone touch my shoulder. I looked out the window to see the plane landing. I looked at Josh who was also looking out the window.

"omg guys we are literally in California." Charli squealed as she stood up.

"Im so excited." Avani said. We all grabbed our carry ons and got off the plane.

Josh wouldnt even look at me so I decided to see if Jaden knew anything.

"hey jaden." I said speeding up so I was next to him and Charli.

"hey kenz." Jaden responded.

"have you talked to Josh about his trip to Canada." I looked back at Josh who was now looking at his phone.

"I havent heard much. he doesn't want to talk about it, so i havent asked much." We stopped walking so everyone else could catch up.

"oh okay thanks." I said.

"So we rented two cars and they should be here." my mom said looking at her phone. we all nodded and walked outside and found the cars.

"who wants to drive?" Avani asked opening the door.

"I can." Jaden said grabbing the keys. Charli sat shotgun so me Avani and Josh where in the back.

josh was acting weird the whole ride and i didnt like it.

|At the dorms|
(the dorm room) (lets just say they have the dorms with their own bathroom.)

"Wait guys this is actually so cute

"Wait guys this is actually so cute." Charli said. I gave Avani a high five.

"im actually so excited. Im literally living with my best friend." Avani hugged me as she squealed.

"lets go see the boys room now." I said grabbing Charli and Avanis hand.

"we were about to come see your room." Jaden said taking a sip of water.

"woah this is actually cool." I said walking in a little further.

"Thanks." Jaden responded. "lets go look at your room" Jaden said.

I let everyone walk infront of me so I could talk to Josh.

"Josh are you okay?" I asked looking him in the eye before we walked out of the room.

"yeah im fine." Josh said and started walking out of the room.

"Did I do something?" I asked following him to my room.

"no." Josh quickly responded. "Im sorry Kenz, its really not you. I just wish that I spent my summer with you." Josh said.

"But you were so excited to go to Canada."  I said and we stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"i was but it just wasnt as fun. and things got crazy" Josh said looking me in the eyes.

"oh?" I said. Josh shook his head then opened the door.

"Oh hey you guys are here, we were talking about dinner plans." My mom said.

I started zoning out. What was Josh talking about "things got crazy" . I talked to him everyday when he was in canada and he always said he was having fun.

"Mackenzie does that sound good to you." Charli asked waving her hand infront of my face. I just nodded and we walked out of the building

"so Charli and Jaden lets hear about your guys trip." I said as we sat down at the table.

"We were like at the beach the whole time it was so fun." Charli and Jaden gave each other one of those cute looks.

"best vacation i've ever gone on." Jaden added giving Charli a smile. "so what did you guys do over the summer?" Jaden looked at me and avani

"I did literally nothing I went to kenzies house like everyday." Avani said. I nodded.

"Josh what about you. I know you went to Canada but like how was it?" Charli asked.

"oh yeah, it was alright." Josh took a sip of his water.

"it was alright until things got crazy." I mumbled, and everyone gave me a weird look.

"what?" Charli asked and before anyone could say anything else the waitress came and took our orders.

for the rest of the dinner we were all kinda quiet and just talked about how excited we were for college and how we are going to miss charli.

~at dorms~

"okay kenz theres like so much tension between you and josh." Charli said once we got in our pajamas.

"yeah really just tell us whats going on before they get in here." avani said walking to my bed and sitting.

"i dont even know. at the airport everything was fine right, then i ask him about canada and he gets all weird." i rolled my eyes

"okay so at dinner you said something about crazy things happening." Charli said joining me and avani on the bed.

"oh yeah so me and him were in his dorm room and he said something about canada not being fun and other crazy things happening."

"just ask him about it." Avani said.

"ive tried"

"oh i can get jaden to talk to him about it." charli suggested, i looked at charli and nodded.

|Joshes POV|

"how is the room already messy?" i asked laughing as jaden came out of the bathroom. then someone knocked on the door.

"hi." Charli said as i opened the door, i smiled and motioned her in.

"hey um can i talk to jaden real quick." charli gabbed jadens hand and they walked to the hallway. 

i sat on my bed until they both came back in.

"see you guys later?" charli asked before she walked out. me and jaden nodded.

"so... things between you and kenz seemed tense at dinner." jaden said, i didnt say anything back. "what happened in canada?" jaden said looking into my eyes.

"i fucked up jaden. thats what happened." i looked him back in the eyes.

"what do you mean?"

"mackenzie won't forgive me for what i did." i broke the eye contact me and jaden were holding.

"josh, what happened?"

"there was this other girl." i looked down

"what do you mean another girl?." jaden said, i shook my head.