four

i woke up at like 4am and couldnt go back to sleep. i just kept thinking of josh. i just wanted to talk to somebody. since charli and avani were asleep i got up and walked to the boys dorm room and knocked on the door.

"mackenzie? its like 4am" jaden said as he opened the door.

"i just want to talk to somebody." i said looking past jaden and at josh who was still asleep.

"okay, lets go." jaden said grabbing my hand.

we went outside and sat on a bench.

"josh told me about you and him." jaden said looking down. "im sorry if this is my fault, josh made it clear that it was."

"no its not." i paused "the first time me and josh broke up was over vinnie, do you remember that?" i looked at jaden and he looked at me confused.

"yeah" jaden laughed

"and the second time was because of all that kissing stuff. but right before the kiss happened i asked josh if he cheated on me. and he told me that he would never do that. he told me that he loved me." my eyes watered up but i didnt want to cry. "but the thing is im not even mad about what he did with this girl, i mean i am actually really mad about that, but im most upset about the fact that he wouldnt of told me. and avani and charli told me that josh wasn't in love with me, or i like him more then he likes me, which i dont think is true, do you?" jaden laughed a little

"sorry didnt mean to laugh that was just a lot." i looked down. "but i dont think thats true either. and i think he didnt want to tell you because of how much he loves you."

"what do you mean?"

"hes pretty mad at me right now, but when he came into our room he told me that he wanted to tell you."

"so why didn't he?"

"he didnt want to hurt you kenz."

i wiped my eyes.

"you would've been mad either way kenz, no matter who told you because what he did was wrong. " jaden added and i nodded

"we all said college wouldnt change us, but it already has." i said standing up.

"maybe its better if you and josh are just friends now." jaden said.

"i cant. i dont know if i can forgive him. and i know i cant just be friends with him." i walked over to jaden and hugged him, then we walked back to our dorm room.

~5 hours later~

"guys we should go get coffee." avani said putting her hair up into a ponytail.

"yeah let me go change real fast." i said garbbing clothes and walking into the bathroom

" i said garbbing clothes and walking into the bathroom

fit^

"okay wow" avani said as i walked out if the bathroom i laughed.

"how are you today?" charli asked

"better." i responded

"would you be mad if the boys came with us to get coffee? i mean just because im flying home tomorrow and i want to spend time with you guys and jaden and josh..." charli said fidgeting with her fingers

"oh yeah um sure if they want to." i forced a fake smile.

we met the boys in the hallway and it was so akaward.

"um so theres a dunkin which is a 10 minute walk." avani said looking at her phone.

"ok lets go there." i said breaking the silence.

"why did that walk feel so long." charli said once we finally made it to dunkin we all laughed.

"and why is it so cold outside?" i said and laughed

we all got are drinks and found a table

"charli do you have to fly back tomorrow?" jaden asked putting his arm around her.

"i wish i could stay, but i will come here a lot. i promise." charli smiled. i looked at josh.

"im going to go to the bathroom." i said standing up.

i was walking back from the bathroom and outside of the door i saw vinnie of course because my life has to get harder. i tried to get past the door as fast as possible but it wasnt fast enough.

"mackenzie?" i turned around and smiled and saw vinnie standing behind me.

"hi vinnie." i said looking anywhere but at vinnie.

"are you here alone?" vinnie asked stepping closer.

"no im here with my friends." i said stepping back.

"just your friends?" vinnie asked, i thought for a second.

"josh too of course." i smiled "do you want to say hi?" i said walking back to the table, vinnie behind me.

"sorry guys im back." i said walking over to josh and giving him a kiss. "go with it please." i whispered to josh

"what are you doing here vinnie?" avani asked

"just a little trip." vinnie said pulling a chair over to our table next to me. i was getting déja vu.

"we are actually about to leave." jaden said seeing how uncomfortable i was. we all stood up.

"wait guys lets just talk." vinnie said standing up, we all looked at him.

"vinnie we dont want to talk to you" avani said

"okay but can i just say how pretty mackenzie looks right" vinnie looked me up and down and i felt everyone look at me

"dude seriously stop" josh said holding my hand even tighter than before.

"lets go guys" jaden said walking towards the door and we all followed

as soon as we got outside i let go of joshes hand

"thanks." i said talking to josh but looking down at my hands.

"i hate him with a passion." avani said breaking the silence.

"what was going on between you and josh in there?" charli asked smirking.

"i just didnt want vinnie bothering me" i said looking up at all of them.

"so you guys are still friends right?" avani asked crossing her arms. i looked at josh who was already looking at me.

"me and josh?" i asked avani nodded. "can we just not talk about me and josh." i said and started walking

"so charli what do you want to do?" avani asked as we were walking.

"wait we should go to the beach!" charli said with a lot of energy.

"we would have to get a uber or something but im down." jaden said.