way to flirt with your crush

1. Like their Instagrams and watch their Snapchats. Liking one photo doesn't really prove anything, but if you consistently double-tap most of their Instagrams (read: not every single one), they'll get the hint sooner or later.

2. Make eye contact. You don't need to get into a creepy staring contest, but looking your crush in the eye when you talk is a subtle way to show off your confident side.

3. Let your emojis do the talking. Think more strategically-placed kissy face, less 10 zillion heart-eyes.

4. Wave and say "hi" when they walk by. Shy girls, this move is for you! One second of putting yourself out there and you're done. They'll get the message.

5. Invite your crush to hang out as part of a group. If you're hosting a party, group study sesh, or movie night, invite your crush along. The group setting is way less pressure than a one-on-one date, but the fact that you thought to include your crush at all lets them know they're on your mind.

6. Say something simple, then keep the conversation going. You, um, totally "forgot" to write down the English homework, so you shoot your crush a casual Facebook message. Once you get the homework assignment, continue the convo — you already have their attention, so why not? The more you two talk, the more you can show off your personality (and learn about theirs).

7. Remember what they tell you, then bring it up later. If you weren't interested in them, you wouldn't bother committing that detail about their family vacation to the Grand Canyon to memory. So when you bring it up two weeks later, it causes a lightbulb to go off in your crush's head. All of a sudden, they think, Wait, whoa, she remembered I told her that! Awesome.

8. Give them a sincere compliment. Go ahead, make them feel all glow-y and blush-y and smiley.

9. Casually touch their arm when you're talking. This is a classic flirting tip for a reason: Even if your crush isn't great at picking up on signals, they'll def notice a tiny bit of physical contact. It's juuust bold enough to grab their attention.

10. Offer them a fry. If you're in the caf and they comment that your lunch looks good, say, "Want some?" You wouldn't share your fries with just anyone, right? So it's a clear signal you're into them without being over the top.

11. Give them some thoughtful. Like say their fave candy bar. You just, um, "happened" to see it at CVS and you knew they'd like it. It's fine to play it off really casually like you just randomly had an extra one in your bag.

12. Tease them. It's just like your mom told you back in first grade when that meanie was making fun of you — that meanie secretly liked you. All these years later, the same logic holds true. Just remember — you want to be playful, not hurtful.

13. Steal their hat and put it on your head. You'll look adorable, plus you can gauge a lot from how your crush reacts: do they smile and let you hang onto it for a little while, or do they just look annoyed and tell you to give it back?

14. Ruffle their hair. It's a silly, bold, affectionate move that let's you get a little touchy feeling without coming on too strong. Your crush will definitely get the hint that you think they're cute, but it's not like you're screaming, "I LOVE YOU!", you know?

15. Sit in their lap. It's a super bold move, but it says everything — "Hi, you're hot and smart and funny and I have a massive crush on you" — without you saying one word