《Chapter 4: Death of a Sinner》

It was the next day. A crowd gathered around a platform waiting for the sinner and villain, Song Yun.

Song Yun was finally dragged out by a guard. He was yanked onto the platform. Just then, Fan Zhan walked onto the platform as well.

"Do you have any last words, Sinner?!" He yelled loudly so that the crowd could hear him.

Song Yun opened his bleary eyes and licked his dry lips. He opened his mouth to say something but his throat was too dry to speak.

Fan Zhan grew impatient and motioned to a nearby guard to throw a bucket of water on him.

When the cold water hit him, Song Yun shivered. He stuck his tongue out to lick up some droplets of water to moisten his dry throat.

"Hao...Yu..." Song Yun croaked out.

Hao Yu heard him and hesitantly walked onto the platform where he was.

Fan Zhan glared at Song Yun but still allowed him to speak his last words to Hao Yu.

Hao Yu bent down to hear what he had to say and grew stiff when he heard what Song Yu said.

"I pamper you with unconditional love, and this is what you've done to repay me?" Song Yun said with a look in disbelief.

Hao Yu looked away with guilt.

"He has nothing to do with this Song Yun!" Fan Zhan roared in anger as he rushed to Hao Yu's side and pushed him behind him.

He made sure to escort Hao Yu down the steps and then turned towards the crowd.

"Kill the General!" The citizens chanted repeatedly.

Fan Zhan grinned as he listened to the crowd.

"I, the Crown Prince of the Zen Empire, will personally do the favor of killing the villainous General Song Yun!"

Fan Zhan's proclamation was met with cheers of joy.

Fan Zhan raised his long sword and cleanly sliced Song Yin's head off. He turned towards the crowd with a happy expression.

"The sinner has been killed! Rejoice for a new era of peace!" Fan Zhan announced.

The citizens all let out a breath of fresh air and cheered.

"Long live the Crown Prince Fan Zhan!" The crowd chanted.

Finally, the villainous General Song Yun was no more.

Only one person did not cheer for joy. It was Hao Yu. He thought he hated Song Yun, but as he looked at the happy expression on his new lover's face, he couldn't help but feel sad and guilty that he was the sole cause of Song Yun's death.