prologue

🔮🧿 ⚔️ ؘ *:・゚

❜ ─𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐳𝐚𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐪; 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

❜ ─𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐳𝐚𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐪; 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞. ─ ❛

— (Z.S) —

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Zafar Shafiq DESPISED the notion of marriage and partnership

However much in 'love' a pair may be, it was his strong belief that such a thing called love was real or not. The truth so fixated and ingrained in his DNA, ever since his entrance into the world. His birth was a miracle; yet the biggest turning point in his father's life. His birth, killing not only his mother, but also his twin brother;  as soon as Zubayr Shafiq set his eyes on his one and only heir, he uttered the words:

"Your name shall be Zafar Shafiq, a murderer in a wake of life."

Zubayr Shafiq was a cold man to say the least; he made it his life's worth, to ensure he would make his son's life a living hell. He was never there in his son's life, a mere sperm donor and landlord. But what Zubayr Shafiq wants, he'll get. Wanted his son in Slytherin, check. Wanted him to do all the extracurriculars that he wanted, check. Tortured and abused him whenever he felt like it, check. Made his son, fresh out of Hogwarts join the Dark Lord's circle, check. Zafar Shafiq had never learned what love was from his father. Parental love was merely a foreign concept to him.

"Is he here yet?" a bedridden Zubayr asks Minty the house elf. He never addressed her by her name. Minty would get sad when he wouldn't.

"Young Master Zafar is on his way sir. Young master said he went to see the Black's." she replies,  bringing a pitcher of water towards Zubayr's bedside table.

"Good. I fear I am running out of time. Tell the brat to hurry up, now." he musters out, now going into a choking fit. Minty pours him some water into a glass and quickly apparates away.