Chapter 2 • Riding the Mugen Train

( A/N : there will be some angst and uhh I'm trying to remember sorry OH YEAH , Mugen train arc spoilers if you haven't seen it already so be ready for that during this possibly 2 part chapter OH YEAH HUGE MANGA SPOILERS TO WHO KILLED KANAE)

You sighed and cleaned your sword on the Mugen Train

"UMAI!" The Flame Hashira took a bite of the many bento he got as an reward from saving 2 citizens from being eaten alive.

"Rengoku, keep it down abit!" You flinched at the sudden yell from Kyojuro.

You had a great sense of hearing so your hearing was incredibly sensitive.

"My bad! (Y/N)!" He laughed.
You heard 2..no 3.. 3 people walking over to your train cart.

"I can tell it's him by his fiery hair and bright personality!" You heard a boy say.

"KAHAHA!! LET ME KILL THE TRAIN DEMON!!" Another boy roared.

"Good lord." You groaned and placed your hand over your face.

You heard the door to the cart open, to reveal a boar-headed kid, a blonde and some crimson haired guy.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE WAS GOING TO BE A GIRL!!" The blonde ran up to you and praised you.

You quickly turn your head to them and they realized . You weren't a girl.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" He jumped back as Kyojuro laughed

"That is (Y/N) Kanroji!." The fiery haired man looked at you, you looked disgusted at the blonde boy.

You scoffed and looked out the window.

"WHO THE HELL IS THAT!! THINKS HE'S BETTER THEN EVERYONE!!" The boar kid pointed at you and insisted to fight you.

"You're weak." You looked coldly at the boy who froze.

"Now (Y/N), don't be so mean to the lower ranks." Kyojuro insisted. You only looked away.

The crimson haired boy looked at you softly, he knew you weren't mean, or meant anything you said. Infact, he should sense the feeling of sorriness by your scent.

The conductor asked for your tickets. His cold , crackly voice gave you shivers, but you didn't mind giving them your ticket.

He punched it.

You looked out the window. You were quiet the whole ride. The presence of a demon hit you. You quickly shot up, and grabbed your sword hilt.

Kyojuro noticed this to.
You both nodded and went back to back.
"I'll go this way." You pointed and he nodded.

The others looked confused.

You slammed the cart door open and saw the demon trying to reach for one of passengers.

'Breath of Love: First Form: First Shivers of Love!' You cut the demon's neck and limbs off quickly. The passengers were screaming and escaping to the end of the train.

Luckily Kyojuro found the other demon so, you were good to go from there.

You were first to drift Into a deep slumber.
Kyojuro looked at you.

You were...crying?

Tears fell from your eyes as you dreamt

///

"KANAE!!" You yelled as Kanae, the sister of Shinobu Kocho was bleeding, it was pouring down as rain dropped on your face.

Kanae touched you and Shinobu's faces as she cried.

"BASTARD!!" veins appeared on your face as you ran for the demon.

"DONT RUN AWAY, COWARD!!" You lifted up your sword and tried tying your whipped sword around him, it worked successfully.

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!!" Tears fell from your eyes as you gripped your sword as hard as you could.

It was a wild bull chase at this point. The rain made your grip loosen slowly. You grabbed your sword hilt with an idea.
"IF I CANT KILL YOU, THE SUN WILL!!" You tried swinging him over your shoulders.

Shinobu cried beside Kanae. Kanao watched you risk your life to avenge Kanae. You were still incredibly young but your swordsmen skills were crazy.

There was only one misstep. You didn't think it through. He broke your sword and fled from you. You watched in horror. You failed Kanae.

You failed everyone.

You couldn't save her.

You couldn't avenge her.

"(Y/N)..." Kanae weakly said, you slowly walked up to her with tears rapidly falling from your face. She smiled weakly.

"Don't be sad that you couldn't do it, because one day. You will collide with each other. And (Y/N). You will be victorious, you have such a unique talent." She cupped your cheek with one of her hands.

She died shortly after.

'No, I'm not talented.'

'I'm no where close to talented'

'I was born abnormally tall and with a oddly feminine face'

'Those all focus on my appearance,'

'I'm not deserving to be an Tsukugo to my older sister.'

'If I was talented. I could of saved you, Kanae.'

'But I couldn't.'

'I'm just as weak as the lower ranks I protect.'

You felt hands plant on your head. You looked up to see many people.

'Shinobu'

'Mitsuri'

A fiery haired man

A multi-coloured white haired man who had gems on a headband.

'Kanao.'

A smiling Kanao looked at you. You wiped your tears away
You reached your hand out to her. She gave you a heart beating grin.

She gave you a sword. Then pointed to your neck.

You looked confused, she positioned your sword to your neck.

Then .

You cut through it.

///

"GAH!" You screamed as you srung awake. Everyone was out of their seats.
You looked around to see. Tentacles?

Some sort of flesh surrounding the area. But you knew it was the work of a demon's power.

You looked around the train carts and saw the sleeping passengers.

'SHIT! THEY'RE GONNA DI-' you were cut off by Flames running through the carts.

"Rengoku-san!" You yelled as he appeared in front of you.

"(Y/N)! Glad to see you awake." He happily exclaimed.

"I need you to protect 4 of the train carts, can you do it?" He asked as he sliced one of those fleshy tentacle things that came at you.

"Sure!" You nodded and ran for the carts.

... 🚂 ...