Chapter 1 - Life In Mother And Fathers House.

TW!! Abuse

Darryl

I sat on the ground of the small room I have been contained in for so many years of my life. A sharp pain goes through my stomach. It's been about a week since I've gotten to eat. I listen as I hear my Mother rummaging through the kitchen. "Please don't open the drawer-" I prayed. I hear the familiar squeak. I quickly get up and sit on my bed. She's getting the chains. I hear her walking loudly to my sibling's room. Then, screaming. 

"YOU UNGRATEFUL KIDS. I GIVE YOU THIS ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD AND YOU STEAL FROM ME?" I knew exactly what she was talking about. 

When she was out of the house with my Father, I had been put in charge. They gave me a phone, so they could tell me what to do. My siblings told me that they were planning to take a few items out of the back of the pantry. I, couldn't help them. Actually, I had to make it harder for them. I had to do whatever Mother's demands were. If I didn't, there would be a chance of death for me.

"Don't let your siblings out. Stay in here."

 Mother said sternly to me before slamming my door and walking out of the house. I sat in my bed. The house completely quiet. I waited about ten minutes before sneaking over to my sibling's room, stepping over trash and other items. I slowly open their door. There they were, chained up to their beds. My younger brother bleeding from his nose. I paused and stared at them. It hurt so much to see this. I cautiously walked out of their room and into the kitchen. If Mother found out I was taking food, I will definitely be hurt. But at least my siblings will have eaten. I go to the pantry and try to find something. I can't find much, considering my Mother and Father mostly just eat fast food like Mcdonald's. Anyone that came into our house would know that. There is trash all over the house, so much so you can't see the floor, and the only places you can really walk are the pathways that have been made from room to room. I find some carrots in the fridge, and decide that they are the only healthy-ish item in the house. I take them carefully, making sure to make it look like they had never been there in the first place. I walk back to my sibling's room and walk through the door again. 

"Hey, guys... I know it's not much, but I brought you guys some carrots." 

They stay silent before my sister says quietly, "But you'll get in trouble." 

"I know but I don't want you guys to starve to death. Please have some." I said as I open the bag and stepped closer. "Mother and father won't be home until nine. Please."

"Fine. But I really don't think you should have done this... Mother will know."

About an hour later, I was back in my room. I had about thirty minutes until Mother and Father got home. I decided to open the window and pop my head outside. I slid the thick brown curtains away from the window and opened it. The fresh air hit my face and I breathed it in, savoring every moment. It had been weeks since I've had some fresh air. Mother always said I wasn't allowed, but when they were away I did it. If it wasn't for me breaking rules while they were away, I'd be severely sick by now. Or dead. I took a few last breaths before pulling my head back inside. I shut the window and curtains and went to sit down on my bed. I didn't want to cut it too close, because my Mother and Father have come home early and caught me before. It didn't end well.

After Mother and Father had arrived home and went into their room for the night, I looked around my room at all the stuff. I thought back to when we had first moved here, with the nice clean house. What had gone so wrong? I remember when I went to school once. I went for around two years. I remember being the weird kid that no one would dare talk to. In my second year, I started getting bullied for smelling or being dirty. That was the year Mother and Father started hurting me. I remember the day they pulled me out of school. That was the last time I was allowed out of the house until my parent's wedding. The wedding was about seven years ago. I haven't been out since. At that point I was only ten. It's the first and only time my siblings have ever been out. That was the only time they had been out. Five years ago. It finally hit me.

They couldn't keep living like this. They need to be free, running around like I did when I was their age. I sat up from my bed and walked quietly over to the window. I had to get them out somehow.