Chapter 14 - Court

(chapter 14 hehe)

TW: Swearing, Mentions of Guns, abuse

Darryl

I was woken up to Zak shaking me awake.

"What-" I grumbled, pulling Zaks blankets over my head so he'd leave me alone.

"It's already noon! We have to get you over to Cara's house."

"I don't want tooo." I cried, carrying out the o.

"Come on, Darryl."

He tried to rip the blankets off the bed to get me up. I tried to cling on, but Zak was a lot stronger than me. He tore them away finally, and I laid there not moving.

"Darryl, come onnnnn," Zak whined.

I shook my head.

"Fine, then I'll have to do it the hard way."

He came over and picked me up bridal style and carried me towards his closet. He set me down on the ground carefully before searching through his closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked while rubbing my eyes to get used to the light.

"I'm looking for clothes for you."

I shrugged. I don't know why he didn't just have me wear my clothes, but I didn't complain. Zaks clothes were always so big and comfortable. 

He picked out a blue top (Of course) and some black jeans. He handed me the shirt, and I noticed it was like a hoodie but cropped at the bottom. I pointed it out to him, and he shrugged.

"I bought it a while ago, but I didn't like how it looked on me. I'd look nice on you, though."

He grabbed some clothes for himself before leaving so I could change.

The jeans were a bit big, but I found a belt which helped. I put on the shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. I actually looked pretty nice. I turned around and went to Zak's room to grab my stuff. I frowned. I realized after this I'd have to stay with Cara again. I enjoyed living with Zak much more.

I sighed as I gathered all my stuff.

Zak

I tried not to show my sadness that Darryl would be leaving. I mean not forever, of course, but after last night... My thoughts trailed off. No, that meant nothing; We were probably sleep-deprived or something. I changed into my hoodie and walked back to my room. I mean, yeah, it didn't help that I had thought about going even further if I could- I bit my lip. What was I thinking? God Zak, you're so dirty.

I walked back into my room and saw Darryl grabbing his stuff and shoving it into his backpack. The shirt looked even better on him than I thought. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hi, Zak!"

God, he was so pretty. The shirt and the way it showed just a slight bit of his stomach, his black-rimmed glasses which sat perfectly on his face. His freckles and eyes.

I felt my face getting hot, and I quickly turned around.

"Come on, Darryl, let's go downstairs." We both walked downstairs, and I had Darryl sit at the counter so he could eat something.

I warmed up a muffin in the microwave and put it in front of him. I put a few muffins in a container and put them on the counter so he could take them home. I grabbed a glass of water and leaned against the counter where Darryl was sitting.

Darryl drew circles on the counter with his finger.

"So... About last night-"

I choked on my water, and I started coughing.