Chapter 18 - Noah

TW: Swearing, Abuse

Darryl

I stood outside Cara's house hesitantly. I didn't want to go inside. I glanced back at Zak, who was waiting in his car, and he smiled at me.

It had been about two days of missing school. My birthday was in two days, so I decided to come to grab any of my remaining stuff before I moved in with Zak.

I took a deep breath before stepping into the house. It didn't seem like anyone was around, so I quickly ran upstairs and to my room. I shoved any of my remaining stuff into a bag I had brought.

"So you finally returned?"

I turned around to see Noah leaning against my doorway.

"Noah I'm finally leaving so you can leave me alone now.." I muttered.

He stepped into my room and shut and locked the door.

Please not this again-

"I know what you're doing. You're moving in with Zak."

He stepped closer to me with every word until he eventually pinned me against a wall and got up in my face.

"I don't think you understood. I want you gone from this school. This town. I want you fucking gone."

I felt my eyes getting watery.

"But I don't understand- What did I ever do to you?"

He stared me dead in the eyes.

"You took Zak from me."

Warm tears started dripping down my face.

"You're the one who unfriended him! I didn't do anything."

"You clearly don't get it. I was finally getting close to him and you screwed it up. I want Zak all to myself. The post? Yeah. It was all jut part of my plan to get you out of here. But you keep getting in the fucking way."

He then held my neck so I couldn't breathe. Tears kept falling down my face.

"Noah- Please-" I cried, barely being able to speak.

Zak

It's been about twenty minutes and Darryl still hasn't come out. I had a feeling deep down in my gut that something was wrong. I ran out of my car and up to the front door. I didn't even bother knocking. I just ran in and upstairs where I assumed his room was. I checked a few doors before I tried to enter one and it was locked.

I heard familiar soft cries from the room. I pounded on the door.

"NOAH I KNOW YOUR IN THERE LET ME IN RIGHT NOW!" I yelled.

The room was quiet and Noah slipped out of the room and shut the door behind him.

"Hey Zak~" He got up close to me and dragged out my name.

"Wheres Darryl?" I asked with a straight face.

He rested his arms on my shoulder and put his face inches away from mine.

"We don't have to worry about him. It can just be the two of us now."

He rubbed my arm with his. He then leaned in and kissed me. He kissed me.

I immediately shoved him away.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I yelled at him as I shoved him to the ground.

I then ran past him and into the room he had appeared out of.

On the ground near the back, I saw Darryl collapsed on the ground, gasping for air.

"Darryl!"

I immediately ran up to him and held him in my arms.

"Darryl It's okay- Shhh- You're okay now-" I picked him up so our stomachs were together, his head resting on my shoulder. I grabbed his bag and slung it over my free shoulder. I then stepped out of his room and into the hallway. Noah stood there with a guilty expression on his face. I didn't care though. I was done with him.

I stared him straight in the eyes before saying,

"Noah I hope you burn in fucking hell."

Then I walked down the stairs and out the door. I carried him out to my car and threw his bag in my trunk. I then sat in the back seat and had Darryl sit on my lap. I stroked my hand through his hair and let him cry into my shoulder. Out of everyone, why does this happen to him? He's already been through so much already.

Every time he cries, it hurts me a little more.

I just want him to be happy.