t͚h͚e͚ h͚o͚r͚r͚o͚r͚ o͚f͚ p͚l͚a͚y͚i͚n͚g͚ g͚a͚m͚e͚s͚

•~ᵍᵃᵐᵉ #1~•

𝒥𝒶𝓀ℯ'𝓈  𝓅ℴ𝓋

A van pulls up at the side of the road that I'm standing on, it's headlights blinding me. "Mr. Jake Wheeler?" The driver asks me. I nod and answer with a short "yes." "Password?" They ask again. "Red light, Green light...that's the password." I answer anxiously. I don't get a reply but the sound of a door opening fills my ears and I turn my head to see the back door opening.

I give the driver a weary look and then make my way to the door. I climb inside and sit in the last empty seat in the car as the door closes behind me. "I guess everyone is..pretty tired." I chuckle nervously. "How long will it take to get to the game venue?" I ask. A cloud of gas surrounds me and my vision blurs.

When I awake I'm laying on my back on a uncomfortable bunk bed facing the bottom of the top bunk. I turn my head to my left and see a man laying down. I look around to see a room filled with what seems to be thousands of people. I hear music playing and before I know it my brain is making my feet move in the same direction as the other thousand people in the room.

I hear counting come from my left side as I continue walking to the center of the room and I turn to look at the feminine voice. I know this woman...she's Lexy's mom. Why was she here? "Excuse me? Michelle..Cross? It's me Jake...Junior's cousin. What the hell are you doing here?" I ask.

"Be quiet!" She hushes me, ignoring me questions. She then goes back to counting. "You must be trying to count how many of us there are." I say. "That's right so stop talking to me and leave me alone." She says before glaring straight into my eyes. Our conversation is cut short when I hear another familiar voice call out her name, this voice belonging to a male.

"Michelle?! What are you doing here? Who's with the girls?" Nathan asks his wife hastily. Michelle waves me off before looking away from me to answer her husband. "Caroline has been left with a very skilled and favorited babysitter I found online. I sent Lexy to her friend's house and told her to stay until she leaves for college." She tells him dismissively.

"That's terrible and we should have talked about that together! I should get to meet the babysitter and the girls should be together! Why do you keep excluding me from parenting our children? And why are you here anyways? Nathan questions her angrily.

I walk away from them due to the conversation becoming personal and unhelpful. I begin to start getting lost in my thoughts. Questions swarming in my head making me both confused and my senses unaware of my surroundings. My legs are still moving and I don't even realize until I bump into someone. When I look up from the ground to apologize my eyes widen. I've just ran into the man who hated me second to most in this world and who I just happen to have stolen from a few nights ago.

"You!" He shouts at me, grabbing the attention of many other people in the room. I don't even get a chance to respond before he slaps and then shoves me to the ground.

Junior's pov

The ugly green tracksuit on my body was one of the things bothering me most about my current situation. I'm walking in a huge room with too many bunk beds to count and even more people and I don't know exactly how I got in here. The last place I remember being was in a car. The room feels a little stuffy despite the size and I feel a surge of emotions coursing through my body.

My thoughts are interrupted when a unmistakable voice calls my name and makes me do a double take. I turn to face Devon's mother, Kim and she's running towards me in a hurry with a confused and anxious expression stapled to her face.