~Chapter 35~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

After a long, very long talk with Shanks and his crew, me and Luffy said our goodbyes to them and hang up.

"Oh god! My ears hurt so much!" I fell on Sunny's grass and sighed in relief. "I'm so happy (y/n)! I can't believe I've talked with Shanks after so many years!!" Luffy eyes sparkled. "I can't believe that you've talked with a yonko!!!" Chopper jumped around in excitement. "You're so cool Luffy!!" Usopp nodded his head in agreement and started his blabling about how awesome his father is.

"Can you please drop it?! I'm so tired!" The rest of the crew laughed at my desperate face, expect of course Sanji who started chasing Luffy, Usopp and Chopper for 'making his (y/n)-swaan feel uncomfortable.'

"Now I've noticed, the ship's bubble shares the same characteristics as those on Sabaody." Robin said, looking at the giant bubble around the ship in awe.

"You're right." Nami nodded her head. "Anything strong enough to pass through the bubble will just go right through it, allowing us to fire the ships weapons if necessary." She explained.

"That makes it even cooler." I got up and joined the girls. "So, what could break it?" Zoro asked.

"Poking multiple holes in the bubble will indeed pop it." When Nami Saïd that, Sanji and the other three idiots stopped running and all of sudden, became frightened. "So we have to be careful not to let a Sea king bite into it or smash into a reef."

....

"I'M A DEVIL FRUIT USER!! I CAN'T SWIM!!!!" Luffy cried, crashing Chopper in a tight hug. "Me too!!!" The reindeer yelled.

"A-ah! I have the 'I'm-afraid-of-drowing' sindrome! Y-yeah!!!" Usopp hugged his captain and cried as well. "Oh! I don't want to die!" Brook added. "Ah wait... I'm already dead. Don't mind me. Yohohohoho~"

"Then don't cause troubles around the ship!" Nami snapped at them. "Yes! We won't!" They replied.

The crew sat back down and continued eating Sanji's delicious food. "I wonder..." Usopp began  "Why Hatchan was not guiding us like he promised two years ago?" He asked. The crew looked confused and curious as well. I already know the answer but I decided to act like I don't know a thing.

"I need to tell you guys something." Franky said. "In the two years we were gone, both Hatchan and Duval protected the Thousand Sunny the best way they could but both were heavily wounded and Hatchan had to retire and head back to Fish-man island. A year after he left, the marines found out about Sunny and came try and capture it." He took a deep breath and continued. "However there was one more warrior who protected the ship... Bartholomew Kuma."

"WHAT?!?!" The strawhats screamed.

"Yes, That's the truth." Franky sighed. "After I arrived back on Sabaody I had found Kuma heavily damaged and rusted. He then declared his mission was complete and he headed off." He explained.

"Later, I found out from Rayleigh that during our battle against Kizaru, Kuma had whispered to Rayleigh that he was a Revolutionary and wished to help us escape, and after blasting all of us away, he later met with Rayleigh and told him he did not have much time left. Since he was treated like a guinea pig with the Marines, his body was becoming more machine than human. He then made a deal with Dr. Vegapunk that before his personality was completely gone to have a program embedded in him to return to our ship and guard it until one of us returned."

"... This is unbelievable." Nami grabbed her head. "Well, we should thank him, if he didn't blast us away, then we'd be already dead by now." Robin nodded her head at the navigator's statement.

"But I don't understand... Why? When don't even know him? Why helping us?" Brook asked the question that plagued my mind everytime I watch this episode.

Maybe Kuma did it as a favor to Dragon...?

The rest of the Straw Hats were astonished that Kuma would go to such great lengths to protect them. Franky then warned everyone that while they are indebted to Kuma, The next time they meet up with him, he will have likely become a heartless human weapon.

And with that, we continued our journey to Fish-man island, unaware that the Caribou Pirates were right behind us, and Caribou is still obsessed with destroying the crew.

****

"Bahahahaha! So that brat finally joined her crew huh~?" A tall man with spiky dark red hair looked at the newspaper with amusement. He continued reading the news about the infamous Strawhat pirates and how they managed to destroy all the Marines and the Pacifistas in their way.

"What an interesting crew you've joined (y/n)..." He put aside the newspaper and looked at the island in front of him.

" He put aside the newspaper and looked at the island in front of him

"Just wait Brat, I'm coming after finishing my visit to Kaido!"

"Just wait! Bahahahahaha~"