~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒~

I feel like I'm being watched

I feel like I'm being watched. Turning around I don't see anyone or any cars. That's weird. Today just doesn't feel right. I made my way into the diner to start my shift today.

It has been a couple of days since we went out to Skateland.

Today I have a shift at the diner but after my shift, I will pick Alina up from ballet practice. She is a ballerina and has been taking classes at an amazing pre-ballet class.

I enter the diner and immediately I'm greeted with a strong hug from Liz. She's the owner of the diner along with her sweet husband. "Tell me everything every single detail." Liz pulls away, having the widest grin on her face. She was so excited when I said yes to Noah. He always comes around and Liz adores him since day one.

"Don't make a big deal about it, it was just a date." I walked deeper into the diner going down the hall and into the locker room.

"I can't help it, now spill" Liz shouts before going to the kitchen.

I let out a breath. "Okay well, he was a gentleman the whole night and took me to an amazing restaurant. I came to find out we have a lot in common." I can see Liz jumping up and down like a teenage girl. Someone shouts for Liz in the kitchen, getting her attention and making her sigh.

"We're not done talking about this." She leaves with a smile on her face.

Dating Noah is so dangerous but Nikolai hasn't found us and it's been a long time. He probably already forgot about me and has a new wife. I need to move on, let myself be happy in a relationship I can't be alone forever and I don't mean I'm alone 'cause I have Alina and Sofia but I want a partner to come home to and talk about my day and have mind-blowing sex with.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, reaching out for it not even bothering to look at the ID number. Swiping my thumb on the screen brings the phone between my ear and shoulders while putting on my apron.

"Hello..." I answered while tying the string of the apron behind my back. "Hello..." I said once more, dragging the last part, maybe whoever this was didn't hear me. I pull the phone away from my ear to see the ID number.

Unknown. I frowned and put the phone back to my ear. All I hear is silence.

"If you're not gonna answer me, don't call my number again." I hung up the phone and put it in my apron pocket. It's probably some teenage kids messing around prank-calling people.

Today's shift went by fast. I only have an hour left before my shift is over. I got great tips and today is payday. I can finally buy Alina the Monsters Inc toy collection she has been waiting for patiently, for her birthday. That brings a smile to my face. My little monster is gonna be so happy.

"Have a nice night Mr. Brown." I wave goodbye to my favorite customer. "You too Grace." Mr. Brown waved before leaving the diner.

I hear the doorbell ring, making me snap my head up to be met with two men in suits walking in and sitting at a booth in the far end of the diner. They look dangerous.
I turn around to still see Liz talking with the cook, turning my head looking around the diner. I see there are still some people. So if I get killed by these men there will be witnesses.