~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃~

Once I got downstairs I thought I would hear my little cries but to my surprise, I heard her laughter

Once I got downstairs I thought I would hear my little cries but to my surprise, I heard her laughter. Following her loud yet soft giggle towards the kitchen and the sight in front of me made my heart clench in my chest when I saw Nana eating cookies with my little monster.

Nina looks as beautiful as the last time I saw her with her short brown hair, hazelnut eyes that bring out her pale skin.

"Mommy." The little monster yells excitedly, making all the attention in the kitchen turn onto me. Nina turned around with a big warm smile on her face, her eyes lit up at the sight of me.

"Oh, my sweet girl." Nina cried out, opening her arms wide for me. I didn't hesitate to go into her embrace. She tightened her arms around me. "I missed you so much."

I feel warm in her embrace, something I haven't felt in a long time from a mother figure.

Tiny arms go around my lower leg. I look down to see my little monster trying to join the hug. "Mommy hug too." I hear my little monster's soft tiny voice.

Pulling away from Nina's tight hug I wiped away my tears I didn't know had fallen with the back of my hand. I smiled down at my baby and picked her up pulling her to my chest hugging her tightly to my body. I run my hand up and down her back while my other hand is on the back of her head.

"Are you okay?" I pulled away, running my gaze over her body. "Are you hurt?"

"You think I will hurt my daughter." From the corner of my eye, I saw him take a couple of steps in my direction. "Do you think of me that low?" Nikolai growled his voice cold and icy, sending a shiver straight down my spine.

"I wouldn't put it past you," I said before I could stop myself. I wanted to punch myself. Why would I say something like that to his face and in front of others? I don't even know if what I said was true. He just gets under my skin so easily, making my blood boil with anger.

The look he gave me I knew that look on his face; it was his cold capo face, the one he gave to his traders and soldiers, the one that had no mercy for anyone.

"Everyone out." He demanded not taking his gaze off me.

Nina took a couple of steps towards Nikolai. "Nikolai she didn't-"

"Out now." He yelled, making not only I flinch but everyone in the kitchen as well. My little monster started to cry and I sent him a glare.

Why the hell would he yell knowing she is a child and gets scared easily. I went to exit the kitchen but failed when Nikolai grabbed my upper air in a deadly grip.

"Nina take Alina." Nina followed his order and took Alina from my arms and gave an encouraging weak smile and Anastasia gave me a worried look. I give them both a nod letting them know it's okay when in reality I'm shaking with fear.

Tears welled up in my eyes threatening to escape but I will not cry in front of him ever again. I will show him no fear.

I wiggled my arm trying to get out of his grip but failed with his bone-crushing grip. "Let go of me." I lashed out.